MRI appointment

Options
nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
edited 21. Sep 2013, 05:46 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
Following my back giving out on me (slipped disc) a couple of weeks ago, I have been given an `urgent` review appointment for my back next week ( nearly 4 weeks after the incident! ). I was feeling a bit disappointed that the cogs were turning so slowly, until I received an appointment for an MRI of my spine/lumbar area on 10/10/13.
So I have a busy couple of weeks now, weekly physio, a nerve conduction test on my hand/wrist next Monday, field test on my eyes at the Hospital on Weds prior to my eye appointment at the Glaucoma clinic 3/10/13, and I have been referred by physio to a local `fitness` scheme so I can get free Aquamobility and have my initial appointment on 8/10/13.
Oh and I am mid HR/Union negociations re my future at work :cry:
Stressed? me? :roll:
NB

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Blimey, N.B. could you leave a few appointments for the rest of us :lol: That's a busy schedule. I hope all goes well and you get some info that will help.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    Wow! At least being so busy might take your mind off the pain a bit? I am glad to hear they are doing an MRI - at least then they will know for certain what is going on. I hope you get some progress soon.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    You have a deal going on at the moment, don't you? I don't envy you in the slightest, just pace yourself as best you can and I hope that all the various appointments run smoothly and on time. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh NB you do have a busy time ahead..but I hope its constructive for you...hopefully the MRI will show up the problem..and then they can help...and enjoy the fitness scheme ..it sound very nice...wish they had something like that here...good luck with it all..will be thinking about you xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • nearlybionic
    Options
    Hi thanks DD, Barbara, Sticky and Frogmella
    I have had another date to add to my diary, unfortunately not a good one. My step sister died this week after a long illness and we have her funeral next Thursday. Very sad :cry:
    It puts things into perspective though...
    Thanks again
    NB
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    I'm so sorry, NB. Yes, these things do put everything else into perspective but the 'everything else' can be quite mountainous on its own. Try not to overdo things at the funeral. I know it's difficult not to.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi NB
    You're just greedy.....wanting all those appointments :lol:
    Seriously thought glad you are having the MRI.....don't forget a reminder for us if you need pocket duties
    Or should I say for me :lol: Head like a sieve :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Options
    Glad things are moving for you with all those appointments, but so very sorry to hear about your step sister. Try to be kind to yourself, hugs xxx
    Toots x
  • nearlybionic
    Options
    Thankyou Sticky, Hileena and Toots
    It will be a difficult day, especially as her young son will be there.
    I am finding it hard to focus on anything at the moment, my mind keeps wandering.... I hope I don`t forget any of my appointments now.
    NB
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I am so sorry to read of your loss, what a difficult time for you all. I know exactly what you mean about the wandering mind thing, I've struggled with that but it will go in time. DD
  • nearlybionic
    Options
    Thanks DD,
    I know you have been through your fair share of bereavements too recently xx
    Oh! I forgot to mention that I had to take my son for his paediatric review appointment today too!! I will meet myself coming back one day....
    NB
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Will you remember where you're going as you meet yourself coming back? :wink: DD
  • nearlybionic
    Options
    Probably not, I will need to go out and come back in to see if I remember! :roll:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello NB I am so sorry to hear about your stepsister..my condolences go out to you .. you know were I am ..(((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • nearlybionic
    Options
    Thank you Barbara xx
    It is good to know I have people here to talk to
    NB