1 MONTH OVER....

Options
deedeeitsme
deedeeitsme Member Posts: 321
edited 25. Sep 2013, 06:45 in Living with Arthritis archive
Wow how time flies. I'm into my 5th week of starting back to work after over 2 years off sick. It is my first pay day next Wednesday and I'm spending my money (in my head) already :lol: . My arthritis has really played up over the last few weeks but I am determined that it will do as it's told because I'm not giving in, I love working again and apart from the same old I really do feel better in myself.

On another note, my gorgeous, gorgeous granddaughter took her first steps yesterday whilst I was minding her. There'll be no stopping her now :) . I haven't told mum and dad though as I don't want them to miss seeing her "first steps". She crawled first at mine too and I didn't tell them then and my son rang me that night to tell me that she had started to crawl, he sounded sooo proud.

Hope you are all as well as can be. Take care.
Dee xxx

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I can't relate to the grandchild or going back to work bits but I am pleased that you are feeling better in yourself: surely that has to be a good thing and it is. I wish you well and please have fun spending that paycheck! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Dee, that was a lovely thing to do, keeping quiet so that the little one's parents could have the thrill of the 'first'steps etc.

I hope the return to work doesn't have lasting repercussions on the joints but please be aware and careful.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Options
    Lovely to hear that you're so much happier being back to work :D

And what a brilliant mother you truly are! x
    Toots x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    That's great that you are feeling better
    As for your grand child ...that's great as well.....I didn't see mine taking her first steps before her parents did but I can relate to that from childminding.....I've had a few take their fist steps with me and I haven't told their parents either :wink: They have been so pleased the next time they saw me and were telling me about these first steps.....it was worth keeping quiet :wink:

Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Dee
    You have done so well getting back to work...and you really deserve that pay packet.. :D you make sure you get plenty of rest when you come home...and how lovely your GD taking her first steps...my youngest GD did this last week...but I don't think she was impressed she hasn't done it since :lol: you take care xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • deedeeitsme
    deedeeitsme Member Posts: 321
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your replies. I am off work today (only work Monday, Tuesday and Thursday) so I'm having a well earned rest while Mia is asleep. Things seem to be under control this week but I am getting more help around the house now since I "put my foot down" with hubby and daughter. I am able to rest more now when I get home because they help with dinner, pots, cleaning etc and it works better for all of us as we're all home by 5.30 and have tea, wash up and tidy up and we're all settled for the evening by 7pm. I am having pain in my knee now though which I am monitoring and my feet and hands are really stiff in the mornings but once I'm up and about this eases off. apart from that all's well and.......ITS PAYDAY TODAY!!!!!.....I've got my eye on a gorgeous wool winter coat which will need a matching scarf and gloves (obviously :lol: ) and then you have to have the matching boots as well :wink: .

Take care all
    Dee x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    I'm glad things seem to be working out better, Dee. Yes, it's good to involve families in the housework - good for our joints but also as a necessary dose of reality for them.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright