Number crunching

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
edited 20. Sep 2013, 11:32 in Living with Arthritis archive
I wasn't going to put this up but, as many of you know, I can resist everything except temptation :wink:

My bath lift failed, yet again, last night. It left me, clean, but only halfway up. It has form on this so we now have two batteries on permanent charge. Mr SW was despatched to fetch the second one. That one didn't want to get me out either. So, in a move we have now almost perfected, I swung my legs, inelegantly, over the edge of the bath and Mr SW hauled. And grunted. Unnecessarily loudly, I felt :oops:

So, this morning, I dialed the Bath Lift Helpline number.

Alas, this is no longer the number to ring, I was given the number of my local Social Services which I duly dialed.

Ah, I needed number number three for their Disability Helpline.

At number number three, the chap I needed to speak to wasn't there. He'd ring me back.

He did. While I was on the phone to a friend. He left me number number four to ring.

I rang number number four and found nothing happened. No ring tone. Nothing.

I checked the number he'd given me. I'd dialled it correctly but it did look odd. As in, one digit short.

So I dialled number number three again. (Please try to keep up with me :roll: )

They connected me to the nice man at number number four who said someone would ring me back. Next week.

Everyone I spoke to was kind and helpful. I'm sure they will deal with it as promised. I just seem to be besieged by numbers. And I have that old Flanders and Swann song running through my head – Twas on a Monday Morning When the Gas Man Came to Call :D
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi SW
    At least it failed half way
    I keep imagining you stuck in the bath with the firemen grabbing an arm and a leg pulling you out :lol:
    Sorry :oops: but just tickled me
    I know what you mean about going round the houses to get to the right person used to drive me nuts at work especially when I ended up back at the same person I started with
    Maria :lol:
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    I have no knowledge of the song but I got the gist ;)

How annoying!! It sounds as tho ul be bathing in the kitchen sink until it fixed then!! :shock: Please be careful unless ure aim is to have sexy firemen pulling you out, hopefully more elegantly than Maria's imagery :lol:

xxx
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • DebbieT
    Options
    I have no knowledge of the song but I think I've got the gist ;)

I'm sorry you got stuck half way & how very dare Mr SW make noises out of all proportion :o

I think bathing in the kitchen sink will be safer unless, of course, you fully intend to use the opportunity to get hunky firemen in to rescue you? ;) I hope it would be more elegantly than Maria imagined tho :shock: :lol:

I hope you don't have to wait too long for it to be fixed.xxx
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • DebbieT
    Options
    I've tried posting on here twice SW, it keeps going to a MOD to be checked :shock: :roll:

I hope ure lift is fixed asap for you.xxx
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Ooooh crikey, Sticky, it strikes me that you need some 'rude mechanicals' - maybe Mig and I can rustle some up (with or without Lycra). DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    maria09 wrote:
    I keep imagining you stuck in the bath with the firemen grabbing an arm and a leg pulling you out :lol: :

That was very nearly what happened first time round, Maria, when I was down at the bottom. Unfortunately MR SW threw in some bags of concrete (missing my foot by about 1") and I managed to use them as a lever while he hauled. My own plan was the firemen :wink:
    DebbieT wrote:
    I've tried posting on here twice SW, it keeps going to a MOD to be checked :shock: :roll:

It's all the swearing, Debbie :lol: You really must stop :wink:
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Ooooh crikey, Sticky, it strikes me that you need some 'rude mechanicals' - maybe Mig and I can rustle some up (with or without Lycra). DD

DD, I've read that last bit several times. You will know exactly what I'd like to reply but will also realise why I can't :wink::lol: :oops:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    That sounds just as bad as these automated calls when you have umpteen options before you get to a real person. Errrrrm Flanders and
    swan :oops: the 'rude mechanicals' personally I would rather have without.
    Hope you get your lift fixed soon xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi SW
    What is it with you and bath lifts :lol::lol:
    Hope they do ring eventually

Love
    Hileena
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    SW
    How about getting on that works by pumping air into it as a back up
    Has MR SW got a lot of puff? Breathes I mean 8)
    Maria
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    SW...I hope they have been in touch..I should think Mr SW will be pleased has well as you....sorry but you do make me laugh... :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Maybe a supply of large helium balloons and a cylinder stored in the corner of the bathroom for such emergencies would fit the bill? :?