I'm OK

Options
Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 23. Sep 2013, 07:27 in Living with Arthritis archive
Evening my AC friends,

I'm typing from my iPad, so please excuse any typos. Just days before I go back to university, the hard drive on my laptop has failed and I have no laptop. :roll:

I've been on my first anti-TNF cimzia for a month now and I'm already seeing some slight improvements with my joints. Some of you may recall that I was dealing with random bouts of vomiting but the sickness is not a problem anymore because it's gone! As it turns out, the sickness was from another medication I have recently started for a completely non-related health condition. Now, I've stopped that medication, I've stopped vomiting. I am still having occasional headaches and mild nausea but they're bearable side effects and hopefully, they'll subside.

More good news from chez Starburst is that I've secured a fabulous placement in a mental health social work team. Final year of my social work degree, I can't believe it! I'm lucky enough that I will be attending university and placement in a pair of very nice looking shoes for I feared I may otherwise have been going barefoot. :lol: Shoe shopping is such a depressing and grinding task, so to come out with shoes (and a rather expensive pair of 'weekend' boots :oops:) that are comfy as well as fashionable is just the icing on the cake.

I might not be around much while I settle in to university life again but I will try to pop my head around the door.

Wishing you all a lovely weekend! x

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Well done ,so glad you're feeling better .I use my iPad at night in bed,once you get used to them they're so easy. Mig
  • sailrib
    sailrib Member Posts: 327
    Options
    Well done you.

Always nice to feel proud of yourself.

Hope things continue to improve :)
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Options
    Congratulations Starburst! Knock em dead in your new shoes! x
    Toots x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    You go, girl! I am so pleased that the cimzia is helping matters, that is a very good thing and I wish you well with the new term and your placement. Look in as and when you can, please, I for one will want to know how you are getting on. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words. x
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Go for it and the very best of luck with all the hard work I know you are about to put in, it will all be worth it soon enough. Good and beautiful shoes, I like your style and with shoes you love on your feet you can walk 10000 metaphorical miles, just keep looking down at them and smile!
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Nice shoes are always a cheer me up aren't they? Hope the new year goes well.

Deb x
  • Kittkat
    Kittkat Member Posts: 309
    Options
    awesome about the placement and shoes! x
    How am I gonna be an optimist about this?
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Starburst I was wondering how you were getting on at uni...that is brilliant news..on both counts the meds and the placement...sorry about you laptop I hope you get it sorted very soon ..and good luck with everything..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • lulubell69
    lulubell69 Member Posts: 110
    Options
    Hi
    A friend of mine with RA was given a laptop from university disability team. It may be worth a try, I know she was getting DLA, and she also had her fees paid but this was 7 years ago. Things may have changed now.
    Take care
    Les
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    As usual you are doing brilliantly, Sophie, and I do hope the cimzia proves a long-term solution for you. I don't think any of your achievements are based on luck, more like very hard graft, but I wish you it anyway.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright