Cimzia and skin

Options
gemmapetken
gemmapetken Member Posts: 263
edited 24. Sep 2013, 14:00 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I've been on cimzia from 2 months and I have developed a sort of dry skin (although not itchy but red) on my boob (sorry tmi!)
I don't know if its related and I know I should get it checked out for the big C

I was just wondering if anyone has any experiance?
Many thanks
G

Comments

• salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I got dry skin on cimzia but only on my limbs. As you said, you should get it checked out.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    No experience of cimzia, Gemma, but please do get it checked out just to be on the safe side.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • kathe
    kathe Member Posts: 183
    Options
    I got real dry skin all over bout whith Cimzia and now Orencia... :-)
    I got a cream from my doctor , and that helpt a bit..But I have to youse bodylotion everyday now...
    Hope is get better four you...
    kathe
  • gemmapetken
    gemmapetken Member Posts: 263
    Options
    Thank you ladies
    Slightly freaking out as I've tried body lotion and moisturiser to no avail and now the patch has changed again, I've now got a red mark in it.

Can only get an appointment with a female doctor for next fridày. Dint know what to do... Sit and wait? Swallow my dignity and go to see a male gp or what???

I hope it is the cimzia but it says skin rashes etc at injection sites!!! I don't inject my boob!
    Gxx
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Options
    Hi Gemma x

This patch is obviously slightly freaking you out - I'd say, if you can get a quicker appointment with a male gp, then go for it. You may feel a little embarrassed, but the doc won't care a jot and it may put your mind to rest a lot sooner x
    Toots x