flue jab

janjankay
janjankay Member Posts: 20
edited 23. Sep 2013, 11:29 in Living with Arthritis archive
Does anyone know if carers can have free flue jabs i thought i had read it somewhere.

jan

Comments

• maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi
    I'm sure they can
    I worked as a qualified nurse for the NHS and we were all advised to have ours
    I've just booked mine at my GPs I get mine free as I'm on methotrexate and I'm only 50
    Maria
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Yes I'm sure if you are a carer you get a flu jab if wanted. My OH never bothers though but I'd hardly notice if he was ill......

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    From NHS website:

'If you’re not aged 65 or over, tell your GP if you receive a Carer’s Allowance or are the main carer for the person you are looking after. Explain your concerns for the welfare of the person you’re looking after if you should fall ill, e.g. if there is no one else who would be able to step in. If you have health problems of your own, your GP should also check to see if you fall into one of the clinical risk groups. Your GP will decide whether you need a flu jab based on this information.'

http://www.nhs.uk/carersdirect/yourself/takingcareofyourself/pages/flujabsforcarers.aspx
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    My hubby gets a flu jab at the same time as mine ; he's my full time carer so it always seemed sensible to do so .
    Jillyb