applying for esa

Options
lily
lily Member Posts: 160
edited 27. Sep 2013, 11:26 in Living with Arthritis archive
Good afternoon

Got a letter from work stating my ssp has now run out so have to apply for esa :(

I have phoned the welfare advice at my local council as they are already going to help me with my renewal for DLA now I need their help for this, how long does this take? ive been told it takes 13 weeks and you loose the first week of it, oh well gonna be a long 3 months for me, why oh why cant things just be simple!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care
Lily x

Comments

• maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Lily
    They never are where the DWP are concerned its my experience they are totally incompetent I had 4 letters from them yesterday yes 4! And I'm still no wiser all could have fit in 1 with an explanation as to why there's 4! :shock:
    Hope you have better luck than me
    Maria :)
  • brandy192
    brandy192 Member Posts: 73
    Options
    Hi Lily

I recently applied for esa I rang them and answered some questions on the phone it took a week for some money to be put in my bank and then \i had a letter saying I would recieve it for 13 weeks during which time I would proably be called for an assessment. I then received a form to fill in for an atos assessment which with the help of DIAL I filled in. I have received another payment from them this week because apparently you are paid fortnightly. I was quite impressed with how quickly they responded but am aware that the assessment is looming at some point which might be more trickly.
    Hope this helps.
  • lily
    lily Member Posts: 160
    Options
    Brandy

many thanks for your reply,i will do the phoning tomorrow, had a bad week this week, father in law fell and cracked his skull so still awaiting the outcome of the ct scan, not had anytime for anything

Take care
    Lily x
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Options
    I hope your father-in-law is ok Lily - sending hugs x
    Toots x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    lily I just want to wish you good luck with it all..and your poor FIL I do hope he will make a good recovery.
    please let us know how you get on x
    Love
    Barbara