Good ol' DWP............

Options
villier
villier Member Posts: 4,426
edited 27. Sep 2013, 05:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
..........does it again. My free boiler assessment has now been cancelled today due to them not sending me confirmation that I am in the support group for ESA, after telephoning them in plenty of time so that I would have all the relevant paper work to hand.

The chap that I spoke to on the phone said that this happens all the time that is why they phone ahead now to check you have all the relevant paper work they require before they waste their time. After phoning the DWP again this morning the lady assured me the paper work HAD been sent and I SHOULD have received it but she would send a copy in today's post, why do I not believe her, if it had been signed off surely I would have had the back payment in my bank that they owe me Grrrrr :x

My concern now is when WILL I receive the paper work and the time it will take to reschedule the assessment to when they will schedule the new boiler which could be next month onwards and as I cannot stand the cold due to my neuropathy, looks like the thermals will be on a bit earlier this year :shock:

wanttopokesomeoneintheeye.com :) xx
Smile a while and while you smile
smile another smile and soon there
will be miles and miles of smiles
just because you smiled I wish your
day is full of Smiles

Comments

• DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I hope it's all sorted asap for you.

(((hugs))) xxx
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    That's terrible Marie;

You definitely don't want to be cold when you have a neuropathy, let alone arthritis! It's crazy that this happens to sick people. How are you supposed to take care of your health?

Loved your signature, btw!
    xAnna
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Options
    Very frustrating for you Marie! I hope you get this second :roll: copy through in time for the boiler chap x
    Toots x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    I'm sorry, Marie. You, of all people, don't need this. Will they make you a priority now? I hope so.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh dammit. I am so sorry, yet again those who are salaried to do a job of work don't do it, content in the knowledge that they will be paid regardless. There is far too much beaurocracy and, as per usual, those who need the benefit are failed. Oh hon, you don't need this and I am cross that you have to deal with it. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • villier
    Options
    Thanks all for your support. Well another day and have I got the letter yet absolutely NOT :roll: well they are getting to Friday and if I still haven't received any one of the supposedly sent letters I am afraid they will get the other side of me. xx

flamingmad.com :x
    day is full of Smiles
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Oh dear
    Bl**dy DWP totally and utterly incompetent yet again
    I've got 4 letters from them all sent at same time and I'm still no wiser
    I'm down the new boiler route I don't qualify only bit that does is my boilers ancient! Wished it had packed up when I was on ESA but no has to wait and break just after failing my tribunal! So DWP are costing me more money
    Luckily my hubby works full time otherwise we would have been stuck!
    I really feel for you its so unfair of them Grrr gets my blood boiling
    Hope they can sort it for you soon
    Can't you just show them evidence that you get ESA rather than having to get a special one from DWP?
    Maria
  • villier
    Options
    Maria, I haven't had official word yet from the DWP since my tribunal six weeks ago. I phoned them and told them I needed proof from them for the assessor coming yesterday as they are not accepting the letter I got from the tribunal saying I was in the support group, apparently all they seem to do is email from one department to another, one does not know what the other one's doing, it is a joke. xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Options
    It does of course make me a bit mad that DWP can't organise themselves better. But I also am a bit frustrated on your behalf that the assessor won't accept the tribunal letter! A bit of give and take on all sides would be helpful! Fingers crossed it turns up soon! x
    Toots x
  • maria09
    Options
    I think what me are looking for is
    They couldn't organise a p*ss up in a brewery :oops:
    Maria
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Have you thought of involving your local councillor, Marie? Just an email clearly sent to the councillor as well might help.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    Options
    Toots...............the assessor totally agreed with me but it is the company that will be installing the boiler that wants concrete proof of my benefits.

Maria...............I totally agree with you..................I could organise one though :lol:

Sticky ..............never gave my councillor a thought, now where did I leave my creative head :roll:
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Any joy yet, Marie?
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    Options
    Got a letter today from the DWP, guess what, the WRONG one, it had that many typing errors you couldn't even understand it :? got back on the phone got a very nice young man explained the situation and then promptly got cut off :o The next chap I spoke to was trying to shift the blame onto me saying I should have asked for a such and such letter, he also implied I hadn't been forth coming with enough information, how am I supposed to know what all their letters are called :roll: He has requested a copy of the letter that was sent YESTERDAY which I was told was sent nearly TWO weeks ago!!!!! If I don't receive a letter by Tuesday I have an appointment at my job centre with a very nice girl I will ask her what the complaint procedure is aaaaaaargh I am scared to take my blood pressure it must be through the roof the good thing is it's saving me on heating bills :lol: xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Oh borrox! This isn't good enough. I'd definitely contact the councillor tomorrow.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I agree with SW contact the council..these firm that have the contracts for these boiler wont like bad publicity..good luck xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    Options
    I certainly will Sticky, the second guys attitude today was really terrible, I really don't know how I kept it together but I did, anyway, watch this space :wink: xx

Thanks Barbara, someone's head will roll :) xx
    day is full of Smiles
  • maria09
    Options
    Grrrr
    Totally unacceptable!