Please watch this film it helped my symptoms

Options
thistlegirl
thistlegirl Member Posts: 229
edited 26. Sep 2013, 07:07 in Living with Arthritis archive
Some of you may know about this from my other posts but I wanted everyone to have this information.

There is a documentary called Fat, sick and Nearly Dead and it will be repeated on Channel 5, 7pm October 1st.

It is about a Aussie Man with an Autoimmune disease that affects his skin and he goes on a juice only diet and looks and plant based foods cutting out all the processed stuff. I found this film sparked something in me and I tried it out I only did pure juice for 4 days but have been having 1-2 juices a day with a healthy meal at night and I have really seen improvements, as well as loosing almost 2 stone in 10 weeks with no increase in exercise, I have also seen good improvements in my energy, skin and joint pain. Less weight is better on the joints.
I found the diet of juices and suggested meals online.

I have put hundreds of drugs in my body over the past 35 years to fight Arthur but this is the first time that I have tried to give my body the best chance of fighting Arthur by giving it as many nutrients as possible. I really think it is working.

I have just been diagnosed with Cancer so there are a few variables now, such as high doses of steroids but I was doing this for a month before the steroids and there was some great improvements.

It is late now so this is bit of a ramble but I hope I have sparked your interest and you can spend an hour next week watching the film.

Happy to answer any questions after I have had some sleep (though the steroids are not making that easy at the mo)
I will check in later

Thistle Girl

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello thistlegirl
    I have a very good friend that has change her diet to help her lupus...and she is amazed at how it is working for her...its not juicing.. but low in dairy and she uses goats milk and cheese..it has taken a while but even I can see the change in her..I really do wish you well..please let us know how you are doing from time to time..(((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • PatriciaH
    PatriciaH Member Posts: 77
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi thistlegirl,

I LOVE this film. Joe Cross is so very inspirational isn't he?? I also agree that juicing and a plant based diet is very good for everyone but especially for us with chronic illness. I am happy to hear that you are getting benefit from juicing. I must get back into it. Did a 7 day 'juicefeast' in January and I must admit did have less pain at the end of the week but my eating habits go awry and then my juicer gets put back in the cupboard!!! Joe is coming back to the Uk next week I think (or the week after). He is going to be in some John Lewis and Lakeland stores in London and Bluewater talking about juicing and his journey. Not sure of the dates but his fb page will announce this and it is all free so I would say to anyone who can get there please go because he is apparently such a kind, genuine and motivational man. His transformation is completely amazing :-)

Thank you for sharing this information thistlegirl. Have you also heard of Jay Kordich?? He has a facebook page where he answers questions freely. He had cancer when he was 25 and healed himself with juicing using the methods of Dr Max Gerson (Gerson Therapy). He is now ninety so I would say he was successful!!! I do send my very best wishes to you for healing and good health. I have read many, many stories now that putting a powerhouse of nutrients into our body via juicing and plant based foods gets our body alkaline and chronic disease cannot live in an alkaline body. I MUST be more determined to do this and you writing about this has motivated me to do so - thank you.

Take great care and sending a big hug your way.

Patricia xx