More news from my hectic life

Options
ouchpotato
ouchpotato Member Posts: 453
edited 30. Sep 2013, 08:32 in Living with Arthritis archive
Ah, just when one thing settles down, something else happens...I have just found out I am going to be a grandmother at the tender age of 45 (at the moment I feel like the stereotypical grandma as I'm hobbling around on my walking stick)! While I think my daughter is too young at 19, she IS in a happy relationship with her boyfriend, so after my lecture this morning it is starting to sink in. It's early days yet...she is only 5 weeks gone, but I can't help feeling a little bit excited!

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Congratulations......that's great news

Love
    Hileena
  • lulubell69
    lulubell69 Member Posts: 110
    Options
    Oh how lovely, congratulations
    Les
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Many congratulations ouch...I have 3 GC and you be be surprised at the overwhelming love..I always say its a different kind of love.. :D:D
    Love
    Barbara
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Hi Ouch, what lovely news, and I guess if your daughter is happily settled in a supportive relationship then the time is right for her. I'm sure you'll be an ace grandma and find a world of love and contentment in being a real hands on Nan.

Deb x
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Sometimes it takes a bit of time to sink in but having grandchildren is wonderful. You'll have to get your knitting needles out. Congratulations to you all.
    Christine
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Options
    Congratulations ouch! (at pretty much the same age as you, I think I'd freak out if either of my kids came home and told me I was to be a grandmother)!!
    Toots x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Congratulations. That's something to look forward too.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Congratulations ouch, something positive in your life to look forward to xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • ouchpotato
    ouchpotato Member Posts: 453
    Options
    Thanks everyone, yes it is something positive to look forward to. I won't get too excited yet; as I said it is very early days but fingers crossed all goes well.

Toots, I laughed at your comment...it will be a long time before I will get used to the grandmother label! It wasn't that long ago I was considering having another baby myself! (I didn't thankfully as the relationship turned out to be disastrous) and my youngest is only 9!

x
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Options
    Lol, I'm sure there's some adjustment needed, but if you're anything like me, a teeny tiny baby to hold will make it all worthwhile! And on the plus side, you can hand it back at the end of the day ;-) I recall my mother telling me that her mum didn't want to be labelled a grandmother, she felt she was too young and far too fashionable haha, so she became Nana! I'm willing to bet your youngest is excited to be an Auntie or Uncle! x
    Toots x
  • thistlegirl
    thistlegirl Member Posts: 229
    Options
    WOW Ouch, that must have been a shock!

It sounds like she is in a good place and so are you and I know you will be there to help her when she needs it in any way you can.

Congratulations Granny to be, I think you best get writing that book now as you won't want to do after the wee one arrives!

Thistle