Simple pleasures

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
edited 6. Oct 2013, 14:18 in Community Chit-chat archive
Mr SW and I have just returned from a 'wheelchair walk'. The sky was blue, the sun bright and I was, briefly, a kid again as I kicked happily through large piles of dry leaves while battling the wind. I love it :D

Yesterday was a more grown-up pleasure. We took a bottle of wine outside into the garden. Knowing there might not be many more opportunities this year just added to the pleasure.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sometimes it is the simplest things in life that make us the happiest :D x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    I used to love kicking the leaves :D It is a beautiful day today, been to watch my son play footie. It is good to take time to appreciate the little things.
  • mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    Options
    arr stickywicket
    these moments, blue sky, sun shining,wind blowing, and kicking through the leaves takes ya back few years :wink: remember it well.

hope we get few more sunny days (fingers crossed)
    mines a tea tho, havent had a nice red for ages.
    nice outside today tho.
    mike26 :roll:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    What a lovely post SW...I have been out in my chariot...just to the park with OH...I love this time of the year when the sun is shinning..and has anyone noticed how lovely and bright the Autumn colours are on some of the trees :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    You drew a lovely picture in my mind Sticky. I smiled through and through, thank you.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Puddles. I love stamping (oh alright then, gently tapping but why can't I dream?) in lovely wide, hopefully deep but always wet puddles. I also love wellies which are 'de rigeur' for that activity.

I also love clean nightwear (especially when combined with a freshly-changed bed). And my morning cuppa. And my breakfast scrambled eggs with chilli flakes and a good tomato sauce. DD

PS I also love the most essential of simple pleasures, Mr DD.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Oh the simple things sticky
    Nice people
    nice day
    nice kids
    nice grandkids
    a meal in the garden
    the voices of the children
    my music playing the background
    I think ill send you and Mr SW a song Sticky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upLdNy_U6Mk
    Enjoy
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Thanks Stickywicket :D

A sunny day here today, good friends and good food :)

Kids all well and happy too

What more could I want :D

xxx
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Another lovely post Sticky. I love kicking the leaves in autumn. Sometimes when people pass, I wonder what they are thinking. Is it 'Look at that silly woman,' or is it 'Wish I was doing that.' I don't care. I love doing it. :lol:

I had a lovely walk round a kitchen garden which was attached to a Victorian mansion, today. Didn't cost a penny but I really enjoyed it.

Watching my grandkids playing, fresh sheets straight off the washing line, birds singing, wild flowers. There is so much to enjoy, isn't there? :D
    Christine
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I was fortunate enough to have booked a family trip out on a canal boat yesterday. I booked it about 4 weeks ago and just hoped it wouldn't be raining or too chilly but instead the weather was lovely and we all had a fabulous time.

Lots of people were out walking or cycling along the canal path and enjoying the sunshine.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,926
    Options
    Hello Sticky
    every morning we go on our scoota's to a park where dogs are allowed to go we follow the paths we are gone an hour its lovely when the sun's shinning like to day.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • RosieGlow
    RosieGlow Member Posts: 175
    Options
    What a lovely heart warming thread. We really should take more time to appreciate those simple pleasures.

My lovely neighbour and close friend, just fifty five, lost her fight with MSA very recently. Just one month before she died, her daughter won £3,000,000 on the lottery. Would she give every penny of it, to spend just five more minutes with her precious mum, enjoying the simple pleasures again?.....In a heartbeat......Rosie.x.
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I managed 200 step ups today for the first time in years. Woo hoo :D
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Ye gods woman, that is terrific! Well done, I hope you are not too tired now.

Today's simple pleasure for me was drinking a cup of tea without my tongue rasping on a jagged bit of tooth - the drinking straws have been put away. Utter bliss. :) DD
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Last night I HAD A BATH :D:D:D First time in almost two weeks :shock:

My bath lift had conked but its replacement finally arrived and I love it. I am clean :D It is indeed the simple pleasures that are the best.
    Steven Wright
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    Oh, Stickywicky, I absolutely agree with the wine part of your story! That gave me an idea for tonight!
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    It was so pleasurable today not having to undergo six needles getting stuck into you to get a cannula in :shock: xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Avocado stones. They look as though they are made of wood, they are rounded, solid, utterly beautiful. I bet they hurt if you throw them at someone and manage to hit the target. :wink:

Viller? A simple but necessary pleasure - I think that some nurses are far better than others at doing that kind of stuff and it sounds as though you had a good 'un. DD
  • stickywicket
    Options
    My neighbour just popped in with half a dozen freshly laid eggs from her son's hens. I know what lunch will be :D
    Steven Wright
  • Boomer13
    Options
    Crawling into my bed. I'm so relieved to be off my feet and under my cosy blankets. My 'new' mattress of 6 mths ago, still is so wonderfully comfortable on the bones and joints.
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    Just enjoying listening to purring cats,knowing my old girl gets her monthly treatment for over active thyroid and stil has good quality of life ,as we all do really ,the only thing with Arthur ...positive we seem to notice good things that pass others by ...Marrianne :)
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Having a walk round my garden. There's always something new - a flower, the leaves turning red, a butterfly, a fruit or veg ready to pick.
    Christine
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Walking for me, too, Christine. Perfect day for it round our local lake. Blue sky, yachts sailing, toddlers on scooters. I walked a few yards more than last week and had a blue stilton sandwich with a big mug of tea when I got back :D
    Steven Wright
  • Boomer13
    Options
    My Angel's Trumpet plant in full bloom in October in Canada. Absolutely spectacular with at least 15 flowers :D How lovely is that?

Oh, and a hummingbird at the feeder too.

:D:D