I am unsettled.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 5. Oct 2013, 12:55 in Community Chit-chat archive
As you may remember my mum's abode is now empty. It has an open day this coming Saturday, this initially was scheduled for just two hours but has now been extended to four, due to demand. Thirteen couples are booked for a butchers, I think there will be more tomorrow after the details are published again in a different local paper.

I know that this has to be done but it feels unsettling. They lived there together, very happily, for forty-two years, she stayed there 'home alone' (not so happily) for another eleven. It has known no other inhabitants. He and me are going away for a long week-end so I will let them know that I won't be available for updates. I don't want to know.

I need a break from all of this. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi dreamdaisy
    its very unsetteling so many things to think about , and it was there home
    for many many years ,so lots of memories there.
    forcast is good for weekend have a relaxing time you and hubby.
    mike26 :roll:
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    I would be unsettled as well DD if I had gone through as much as you have this last year.Hope you can have a good week-end.Mig
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    Enjoy your weekend, DD and try to totally relax.

Meg
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    DD of course all this is bound to be unsettling but go away and have a fantastic weekend without the worry of it all.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    you enjoy your weekend away DD and leave then to it ...it must feel very surreal xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    I think you do need and deserve a break from it all. I know I would in your shoes :(

This is a very unsettling time

Love and ((()))

toni xxx
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Not suprised you need a break, it has been a difficult time for you both lately. I hope it all goes well.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thank you everyone, this time tomorrow I won't be here. :D Two people have dropped out, one will go next week instead, the other because she didn't realise that it backs onto woodland and so doesn't like the location. :?

The cheque has come through from the auction house, two weeks to the day after the sale. Despite it being drawn on the same bank that I use it will take up to ten days to clear. What is that all about? :shock: DD
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    It's about hanging onto your money for their own advantage and if anyone but a bank did it it would be called theft.

Enjoy your mini-hol, DD. You've both more than earned it.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    Options
    Have a good break DD ,I shall be thinking of you. (((()))) Mig
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Have a lovely time you totally deserve the break, you go and have soom quality time with Mr DD and forget about everything ........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi DD
    I'm sure you will get through this tough time, enjoy the time away and think of the good times with your parents and your home
    I also would like to think that the people buying your mums house will take good care of it and make it a happy home once again I'm,a little softy at heart
    The banks believe it or not do it for you to make sure there is no fraudulent activities going on from the other party but not sure why it takes 10 days to clear I thought it was 5 working days so 7 at the most due to a weekend
    (((( ))))
    Maria :)
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thank you all, you are very kind. The number of bookings has now risen to 17, I will be emailed tomorrow evening by the agents with the feed-back but I have have warned them that I won't be in touch until Tuesday morning.

I have done some more ironing (and therefore dripping, I don't need a steam setting on the iron because I dampen things beautifully!) so I then went to have a shower. In honour of the weekend away I decided to shave me lallies (legs) but mistakenly took a blunt razor in with me. I now have lots of little bits of toilet tissue plastered over the self-inflicted grazes. Glamour the DD way. :roll:
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Jeans/trousers are the answer :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Packed, as is an ankle-length skirt. :) And numerous other bits and bobs. :wink: Three days is a very long time to be away. DD
  • mig
    Options
    Make sure you have all your meds. (((()))) Mig
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Options
    I hope you have a good rest while you're away DD, I know the weather has changed so hope it doesn't spoil things for you both.
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    I never understand why banks take so long to process cheques. I mean you can send things immediately over the internet and transfer money from one account to another in seconds. Hope you have a lovely relaxing time DD. You certainly deserve it.
    Christine