Amanda Hutton and Hamza.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 5. Oct 2013, 10:26 in Community Chit-chat archive
So, here we are again, a distressed child who had the mis-fortune to be born to a distressed woman. Don't get me wrong, I have no empathy for Amanda H but I think she was so overcome by her own difficulties that she failed on all fronts. The state of the house, and her, demonstrates that. I'm being properly Piscean on this - one fish is feeling compassion for her, the other utter loathing for her lack of self-respect and abandoning her duties as a mother.

She failed all her children (with Hamza paying the ultimate price) but what was the role of his father in all this? She stopped her eldest son (I think he was 17 at the time) calling an ambulance when Hamza died - what happened to his moral compass? Does he have one? Is it too late for him to learn the difference between right and wrong?

It's far too easy to blame 'those in authority'. I think the truth is this - he was failed by both parents, not just his mother. Surely it's time for Hamza's father to be in the dock to face charges of neglect. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    All I have to say on this..is what on earth are these people in authority being paid for...I am sick to death of hearing we are looking into this..
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    This poor little lad was failed by everyone. No-one comes out of the sad story well apart from the young policewoman. The investigation is ongoing. We can only hope some good comes of it. However, whatever her personal problems, this woman allowed her baby to starve to death. That takes a long time and an immense amount of suffering. The father, allegedly, did go to the police. Chaotic lives!
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    We keep hearing 'lessons will be learned from this'
    But I thought the lessons should be learned whilst social workers etc. were doing their training.

I do agree though, why didnt the father wonder where or how his little boy was for two years or more.

Shocking, truly shocking.
    Poor little mite.
    Kath
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    There'll another press statement saying that they have learnt lessons, new practises put into place, everyone will be shocked, don't forget the apology later and this will happen again and again.

Mans cruelty to man knows no bounds, the innocence of children is no barrier.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    I read that one child a week is killed by his/her parents in this country.

I believe this hasn't changed over time. It may appear to have worsened because we hear about the deaths and we, in this country, have serious case reviews to try to prevent it happening again.

Whilst people have children who shouldn't, this will continue to happen. it is far too easy to blame the Social workers involved, but all agencies had contact with the family. Health the police a fair few times.

DD is right in my opinion it is the parents ,and only they, who are responsible for the death of that gorgeous boy :(

Love

Toni xxx
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Options
    It's far too easy to blame 'those in authority'. I think the truth is this - he was failed by both parents, not just his mother. Surely it's time for Hamza's father to be in the dock to face charges of neglect. DD[/quote]

Agree with you DD
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.