What's your favourite radio station?

Options
rondetto
rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
edited 9. Oct 2013, 11:59 in Community Chit-chat archive
We are a collection from all over the UK, I know there are local stations everywhere but what's your favourite station?

I like Radio2 apart from Chris Evans. Other than that I also listen to Smooth radio, Heart and Radio Merseyside.

Favourite presenters are Steve Wright, Ken Bruce and Billy Butler.

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Ron I have just got into radio 4..the plays on in the afternoon..must say I also love Radio 2 and Steve wright..he very funny :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • rondetto
    Options
    I have Radio 4 on late at night Babs, just to listen to world news.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I alternate between Radio5Live and 4Extra. I like the former for the news and sports coverage, the latter for the trip down memory lane: I was brought up to the sounds of the Goons, Round the Horne, My Music etc and have now discovered the delights of Hancock's Half Hour and the original Dad's Army. 4Extra also re-runs crime dramas at 8pm (when I am usually cooking) so I have discovered more delights such as Lord Peter Wimsey and the writer/detective with a wife named 'Steve' - I can't remember the title, sorry. :oops: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • rondetto
    Options
    I agree about 4 Extra, I love listening to dad's army, Round the Horne and Tony Hancock shows.
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Good subject! A toss up between R4 and Classic FM, my life wouldn't be the same without them.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Classic fm
    Five Live Extra for cricket.
    Radio Leeds for footie
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    radio 3 - the proms were brilliant apart from Wagner
    radio 4 extre which used to be radio 7
    radio Lancashire cos I live in the county
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Planet Rock for me
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    Classic FM
    except for the stupid adverts that interrupt.

When I gave up work years ago it was always Radio 2 but the music on there is more like Radio 1 music to me these days. Mind you I am an old biddy :lol:

Kath
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    It's R3 for me, and in fact now that the digital display on my tuner has lost a lot of its bits I would struggle to find another station!
    Mind you, now that I have upgraded my phone - from 4 year old T***co Value £9-99 jobbie to TV £9-90 one with radio -(the only reason for changing) I might try listening to some of the R4 programmes I see in Radio Times and think 'oh that looks interesting'
  • mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    Options
    hi rondetto
    like sunday love songs (sunday mornings)
    especialy when going down to seaside.
    me and wife have turns who can sing the best,
    she would say she is best, i just humm along :wink:
    mike26 :P
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    rondetto wrote:
    We are a collection from all over the UK, I know there are local stations everywhere but what's your favourite station?

I like Radio2 apart from Chris Evans.
    I really really detest Chris Evans too :oops:

I listen to Capital when I can get it (gone AWOL) and kerrang as well

Love

Tonix xx
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    My.....married son always has radio 2 on in the car ...I love radio 4 ..but wouldx
    like to tune to 4 extra but dont know how to .Marrianne
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    I used to listen to one of our local stations but they were moved to 30 miles away so now the presenters, news, travel etc are all about that area. The music isn't as good now either. I have switched to BBC local station and am now enjoying music from my past and the news and articles (which the other station didn't have) are mostly local. I occasionally listen to 5live if they have a good discussion going on but not the sport.
    Christine
  • snowdrop123
    snowdrop123 Member Posts: 41
    Options
    I listen to Radio 4 mostly and the world service in the middle of the night.

I also listen to my lovely Greek friend on Thursday evenings when she plays music on her local station which I listen to on the internet. I plug my laptop into the stereo so I can hear the music through better speakers and I have a little bop while I do my ironing.

And finally, I like Radio 6 on Sunday mornings for Cerys Matthew's show.

I can't imagine what my life would be like without the radio, it's such good company. :D
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Options
    When I was working I used to have Talk Radio on all the time, now I'm home it's Radio 4 all the time, I'd like to get 4 extra but I can't find it on mine.

I have a DAB radio but picking up stations is a waste of time there's so much crackle I give up....time to get a new one me thinks...one I can understand!!!
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • purpleowl
    purpleowl Member Posts: 231
    Options
    I like radio Absolute, that's our local Nottingham station and 5 live with Victoria Derbyshire though I haven't tuned into that one for a while.

I can't stand Chris Evans either, he isn't very popular is he?
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    numptynora wrote:
    When I was working I used to have Talk Radio on all the time, now I'm home it's Radio 4 all the time, I'd like to get 4 extra but I can't find it on mine.

I have a DAB radio but picking up stations is a waste of time there's so much crackle I give up....time to get a new one me thinks...one I can understand!!!
    Dab here to Numptynora and it wasnt cheap...yet I to get lots of crackle snap and pop ....find I have to leave it plugged into the mains on charge most of the time ...hardly fair and dare not search for 4 extra in case I lose womens hour and the archers ..Marrianne x
  • snowdrop123
    snowdrop123 Member Posts: 41
    Options
    Hi there
    I'm lucky because my DAB radio works well where I am (it was a very cheap one, nothing fancy). I do listen to radio4extra on my computer sometimes though so maybe you could try that for those who get rubbish DAB reception on their radios. It could be that you don't have good enough internet signal too but it might be worth a try.

Good luck I couldn't cope without Woman's Hour and The Archers either. :lol:
  • frogmorton
    Options
    purpleowl wrote:
    I can't stand Chris Evans either, he isn't very popular is he?

Considering so many don't like him...I wonder why he's still there??

To me he is far too much 'about himself', his kids (no-one else's could be so wonderful eh!) and his cars etc.

I expect the breakfast show will always be popular though because people listen to it on the way into work maybe :?

love

Toni xxx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I love to listen to my daughter on her radio show for her local uni. She lives miles away but I can sit and listen to her lovely voice.....

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Awww Elizabeth

How lovely :D

Love

Toni xxx
  • rondetto
    Options
    Strange why the BBC still have Chris Evans on radio 2. Even my grandchildren cant stand his shouting and screaming.
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Oh how lovely Elizabeth.

I'm another one who can't stand Chris Evans. Don't know anyone who has said they do like him.
    Christine
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Radio Merseyside
    Classic FM
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE