Flippin banks

Options
numptynora
numptynora Member Posts: 782
edited 14. Oct 2013, 15:30 in Community Chit-chat archive
:cry: My new pin No. came through at last so I went to the ATM and took some money out, not much as I just wanted to check that it was the right one, success!! Then I went into Asda and did some shopping, got to the check out, put the card in to pay, and guess what? PIN was locked!!!grrrrr
so had to use my C.Card.

Got home and rang the bank on the 0845 No. To be told the card is locked for shopping?!?! so now I have to go to the ATM and unlock it myself by pressing buttons and requesting access to do it.After waiting for what seemed like for ever and not being advised on what to do when it arrived I'm a bit miffed
Numps x
Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.

Comments

• applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I think I'd be very annoyed too. Never heard of a card you could use to get money out of the wall but can't use it for your shopping. Hope it works ok now.
    Christine
  • numptynora
    Options
    just been down to the ATM and sorted it (I hope) :roll:

You'd think getting at your own money should be with out problems!! sheesh
    Numps x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    Well that IS annoying Numps!!

Credit cards COST us money :x grrr!!!!

Love

Toni xxx
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    That really annoys me too :x Especially given the exorbitant fees we get charged.
  • numptynora
    Options
    Too right they do! :x

I had to fill up with petrol yesterday, went to pay with a bit of trepidation but it was all okay, thank goodness :)
    Numps x
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi
    Not heard that one how strange! Maybe it's just your banks protocol
    I've recently had a new one and it worked fine
    I pay everything by credit card and pay it off every month so no charges!
    Well hubby pays it :)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh Numpty, one does have to wonder, yes?

I was sent a standard letter in late August telling me that I would be staying with the 'sign of the black horse'. I then received another standard letter in early September prouldy announcing that I would shortly be a member of the pretty three-shades-of-blue bank.

I think not.

Last week I banked a cheque from the same 'black horse' group (from my Ma's auction) but was cheerfully told it would take between 7 and 10 working days to clear. WHY? Other cheques were paid in and cleared immediately but one drawn on their own bank? Pirrox. :wink:

I reckon that the days of free personal banking are approaching their end. That is worrisome. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • numptynora
    Options
    Oh DD it beggars belief doesn't it....all this is as a result of the same bank as you I would think, because I wanted to stay with them and not the blue one, they had to set up a new account and transfer all the DD's etc. which they did, sent me new debit cards and new pin for one of them, that one was the trouble I had, I entered it exactly as I should and well, you know the rest.
    Numps x
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi
    Maybe its time to tell them to go sail away into the wind and find another bank
    That might kick them into some action
    Or is that just hoping for too much
    My hubby works for a bank none you have mentioned and it's not one of the major ones around so I have no dealings with banks as I sleep with my bank manager :wink: he's been there over 30 years and I'm still waiting for him to bring some samples home but he never does :roll:
    Hope you get sorted soon
    Maria
  • Stormyblue
    Stormyblue Member Posts: 23
    Options
    I had that problem once, quite embarrassing if I may say so. Luckily I had another card, but what if I hadn't lol. Since then I haven't had anymore problems (after having a word with the bank to help deal with that problem) hope it's all ok for you now
    Life's for living, use it well
  • numptynora
    Options
    Oh Maria, I had enough trouble with this change over so doing it again just fills me with trepidation. being without a debit card for about 10 days was bad enough, I was able to shop on line for most things but there is a limit to the amount of time spent in doors. I could have gone for a drive but that takes petrol and walking anywhere is all very well if I don't want to come back (walking)
    Numps x
  • applerose
    Options
    My son opened a student bank account when he was at uni. When he left, he went to Spain to live for 3 years. When he came back and found a job here, he asked the bank to sort a normal current account for his wages to go in to. Later, he had to set up direct debits. After a few months, he started getting letters saying his direct debits weren't being paid. He went in to the bank to find out what was going on. They'd only set it up for his wages to go in to the student account and his direct debits to come out of the new account. It took months of writing to the banking ombudsman to get things sorted out so all his bills were paid and he didn't have to pay all the charges he'd incurred.
    Christine
  • numptynora
    Options
    What a nightmare applerose, I hope it all got sorted in the end.
    Numps x
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    I can't remember who said this: "The best way to rob a bank is to open a bank". Sounds reasonable.
  • applerose
    Options
    Numps, it did eventually get sorted. It was almost a year before it was sorted altogether and another year before any other bank would allow him to open an account with them so he could leave. They had the cheek to send him a crate of wine as an apology while they still wrote to him telling him he was in debt with them.
    Christine