Craving for fresh figs

Options
maria09
maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
edited 7. Oct 2013, 11:49 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi
As the post says I have a craving for fresh figs no I'm not pregnant thank goodness that I could not cope with at 50!
Wonder if its my body saying its good for Arthur! Not read any studies on the benefits of figs and Arthur maybe I should!
Have any of you had other cravings?
Maria :)

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Nothing wrong with fresh figs. Just come around, I still have some on the trees.
    I think everybody has a craving from time to time. And normally the object of the craving is not available at the right moment. That makes cravings so interestingly frustrating, I think.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    My brother's had a glut of figs this year. Don't eat them all at once though, Maria. They are an excellent remedy for constipation :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    I think cravings happen for one of two reasons - either your body needs it or you are addicted to it. Maybe there is something in figs that you need just now. I have just been in to the kitchen to make a chicken sandwich and felt desperate for some water but I was trying to convince myself to have a cup of tea. Then I told myself, have the water if that's what you really want. I'm so used to putting the kettle on. I am now enjoying a lovely cold glass of water. :D
    Christine
  • applerose
    Options
    I have replied but used the 'k' word so it is wating for the mods to approve.
    Christine
  • maria09
    Options
    I think we need to find another word for k it ch en
    Scullery that's what my Granddad used to call it!
    Any other ideas?
  • applerose
    Options
    Someone called it the cooking room. I keep forgetting. :lol:
    Christine
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Aldi are selling fresh figs cheaply at the moment, if you wish to stock up :D
  • Catie
    Catie Member Posts: 362
    Options
    Maria, I only wish my cravings were as healthy. Mine is usually for cheesecake :D
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'm sorry and probably I'm simply a bit daft: What is wrong with k......? You know, the room in the house where we usually prepare our meals. I'm a bit at a loss here :?: I told you, I'm probably daft.... But you should not forget- I'm a foreigner. We tend to be a bit simple :)
  • maria09
    Options
    Hi caliban
    It's because we were getting tons of ki tc hen companies advertising on here so anything with that word in goes to the moderators to check first
    Maria
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Oufh! Thank you, Maria! I really thought something dark and esoteric was going on! :) Well- "cooking-corner- companies" can be considered as dark and esoteric, can't they? The "c-c-c" clan, so to say.
    You still on the fig trip?
  • maria09
    Options
    I am I've just eaten two
    Yummy
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    That's the spirit ! Take a third one! and be prepared to pay the prize ! :)
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    If you eat them often enough and in quantity, that effect seems to go away.....YUM
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'm not totally against this effect. Some medication just, how shall I put it- Well.
    .call for figs