Hello Guys and Dolls, a newbie is here.

Stormyblue
Stormyblue Member Posts: 23
edited 12. Oct 2013, 16:50 in Say Hello Archive
:DHello

I am new on here and hope to get other fellows with regard to Osteoarthritis, I had been recently told I have osteoarthritis, In my left knee ( which I have been struggling with since I was a young girl been back and forth to GP with this one to be told its inflammed give me tablet to bring down the swelling) anyroad and also in my fingers (hand in whole) both hence the cluminess)
So just wanna say hi to you all and hope we can drift along and help each other, or at least understand each others :):wink:
Life's for living, use it well

Comments

• maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello and welcome
    This is a great site for advice care compassion and laughter
    I have OA and Spondlyo arthropathy ( a type of inflammatory arthritis) and on bucket fills of drugs I'm sure I rattle when I walk
    Maria :)
  • Stormyblue
    maria09 wrote:
    Hello and welcome
    This is a great site for advice care compassion and laughter
    I have OA and Spondlyo arthropathy ( a type of inflammatory arthritis) and on bucket fills of drugs I'm sure I rattle when I walk
    Maria :)
    A walk in chemist eh?! The only pain killer I have is thenrmal pain killer (paracetamol) at night if it really bad and I want to get some sleep on take co-codamol which is meant to be a little stronger. Awaiting physio appointment.
  • jimall
    jimall Member Posts: 16
    Hi All

Went back on Monday to see doc. He now says that there nothing that can be done about my O/A because all avenues have been covered. He now thinks that because my employer after 20 yrs paid me off, tried to get hold of my pension that I cant get because that means my employer that was has to pay, and as I had said to my doctor if I was sitting in front of him aged 63 onwards I woudnt have a fight on my hands,in pain all of the time not sleeping etc, he now thinks that depression is setting in. But still think that they do not listen.

Jim
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, I have an auto-immune arthritis and the joint damage from that has led to OA in some very useful joints. :wink: I cannot reply at length but I will be back tomorrow and hope to do better then. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Stormyblue
    jimall wrote:
    Hi All

Went back on Monday to see doc. He now says that there nothing that can be done about my O/A because all avenues have been covered. He now thinks that because my employer after 20 yrs paid me off, tried to get hold of my pension that I cant get because that means my employer that was has to pay, and as I had said to my doctor if I was sitting in front of him aged 63 onwards I woudnt have a fight on my hands,in pain all of the time not sleeping etc, he now thinks that depression is setting in. But still think that they do not listen.

Jim

wow you have got it tough,
  • Stormyblue
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Hello, I have an auto-immune arthritis and the joint damage from that has led to OA in some very useful joints. :wink: I cannot reply at length but I will be back tomorrow and hope to do better then. I wish you well. DD

hello :D
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,689
    Hello Stormyblue and welcome from me too. I'm another with an arthritic foot in both camps :wink: I hope you'll find these forums useful.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Stormyblue
    Hello Stormyblue and welcome from me too. I'm another with an arthritic foot in both camps :wink: I hope you'll find these forums useful.

I certainly hope so, at least this way I dont feel alone and there is someone who can relate
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Hi Stormyblue

Welcome to the forum it s OA I have in both hands and suspect a few other places I also have a rare neurological condition so am no stranger to chronic pain. This is a great forum for info, support and not forgetting the laughs, nice to meet you hope you around.........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,283
    jimall wrote:
    Hi All

Jim

Oh Jim

this is not a happy story you tell :( I must say though a lot of folks with arthritis do suffer with depression. I hope the GP had some ideas to help?

Love

Toni xxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,283
    Stormyblue wrote:
    :DHello

I am new on here and hope to get other fellows with regard to Osteoarthritis, So just wanna say hi to you all and hope we can drift along and help each other, or at least understand each others :):wink:

A welcoming hello to you too Stormyblue - please do come along and join us you will be made most welcome :)

Love

Toni xxx