DLA (PIP)

Options
Stormyblue
Stormyblue Member Posts: 23
edited 11. Oct 2013, 08:00 in Living with Arthritis archive
people with form of O/A and other type, would they be entitle to DLA (now called PIP) due to mobility problems???
Just like to hear some opinion on this matter since its a disease and very misunderstood as its not a disability. (hope that makes sense to you)
Life's for living, use it well

Comments

• DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello & welcome,

I have Psoriatic & Osteo Arthritis & I get it. I think it depends on the severity that ure effected & how much impact it has on ure life day & night.

I'd always say it's worth applying. Get help from CAB or similar with the forms if possible.

Good luck.xxx
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • Stormyblue
    Stormyblue Member Posts: 23
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    MMm it does affect a few thing in my every day life task, I struggle to get out of the car and alway felt maybe parking in a space where I can open the door really wide and take my time to get out would be good. even if my knee isnt having a bad day it always going to be my finger joint they are the worse for me compare to my knee cos I need to be able to move them in order to do my task and I am forver knocking or dropping thing and that alone leaves me very upset and annoy cos I never use to be like this if you get my drift.

Is it worth speaking to the physio and see what they say about my OA as waiting to see one.. (being refer)
    I am already on PIP due to my deafness just wonder if worth mentioning the new change of circumstance and that is the o/a is now affecting me.. being deaf and my balance isnt brilliant it a lot worse now I have the O/A I have fallen over a few times :cry:

Okay thank for your opinion :)
    Life's for living, use it well