rhizolosis (facet joint denervation)

Options
sheenakt
sheenakt Member Posts: 51
edited 15. Oct 2013, 17:13 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone,

after much doubt I had my rhizolosis performed Wednesday evening. It was not too bad - I was very apprehensive, but actually it was not much worse that the masses of injections and facet nerve root blocks which I have had over the last few years.

I have to rest but hope to to back to work next week.

Has anyone else had this done and how much pain relief did you get from it? I am hoping for a years pain relief before the consultant wants to do a laminectomy and disc shave.

Sheena xx

Comments

• purpleowl
    purpleowl Member Posts: 231
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Sheena,

I have had facet injections but not this procedure, I really hope it works for you, make sure you get plenty of rest!

Trish x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Sheena

I had Radio Frequency Denervation injections (actually on the consent form it said Dorsal root Ganglion Block x 2 at L4 & L5), on 3 December 2009 (I remember the date well :)) and I have been painfree from sciatica since that date, (touch wood). I love Dr. Evans. :)

I hope it works well for you.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Sheena
    I have had many back injections but not the ones you mention, I will be interested to see how you get on...wishing you well with them.x
    Love
    Barbara
  • sheenakt
    sheenakt Member Posts: 51
    Options
    Thank you for the replies and kind thoughts. I'm optimistic for the pain relief. Sheena x