Science Fiction

Options
BluesWalk
BluesWalk Member Posts: 48
edited 16. Oct 2013, 14:42 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hey all o/

Just watched a really good film 'Oblivion' with Tom Cruise and Morgan Freeman, was really good and one of the most original Sci-Fi's I've seen in ages! Anyone else into these kind of movies? :P

Comments

• purpleowl
    purpleowl Member Posts: 231
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Blueswalk,

I love science fiction and Oblivion was a fabulous film all the better for having Tom Cruise in it. I am waiting for Gravity with Sandra Bullock the previews online look great.
    The Walking Dead is back on tv this week, I can't wait! I love Game of Thrones too. How about you? :P

Trish xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    My youngest son is into science fiction...and he was talking about the film ..he had really enjoyed it...
    Love
    Barbara
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    I just wonder where science fiction ends and reality begins.....?
  • BluesWalk
    Options
    Hey purpleowl o/

Yeah I mean I think Tom Cruise is a great actor and plays the role well. Had a lot of twists that I didn't see coming :P I've seen the first few series of The Walking Dead, but SKY 'on demand' does not seem to have them anymore :( My only gripe I have with TWD is that I felt it turned more into a soap opera than a zombie survival. Really looking forward to seeing World War Z with Brad Pitt :)

As for Game of Thrones, heard lots of people saying really good thing but haven't seen it yet! I am a big fan of the Fantasy genre thought and have read the Lord of the Rings books \o/

Hey Caliban o/

I think that's an interesting point, I watched a series on how old science fiction movies had predicted what happened in the future. I mean if you go back 20 years and look at computers, or mobile phones to how far we have come today..
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    1984? Brave new world? NSA spying? Video surveillance a bit everywhere? Well, yes, sounds like science fiction, sometimes.
  • BluesWalk
    Options
    I don't mind CCTV cameras in the streets and public areas, if anything I don't think there is enough of them. When it comes to blocking parts of the internet I am not so sure. I have been pretty active online for over 12 years and the dynamic of the people has changed considerably. I don't know if they are but, I think internet safety should be taught in schools as there are a lot bad dudes out there.
  • purpleowl
    purpleowl Member Posts: 231
    Options
    Hi Blueswalk,

World war Z is another great film! My OH doesn't like science fiction very much but we went to see World War Z not realising the plot(neither of us had a clue what it was about) so I was pleasantly surprised and he hated it!

Brad Pitt was great too!!

Go see it soon you will love it! :D
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    BluesWalk wrote:
    II don't know if they are but, I think internet safety should be taught in schools as there are a lot bad dudes out there.

My girls have been taught about it in school and by me too.

You are right it's not safe out there totally