Flu & Pneumonia Jab

Options
PaulO
PaulO Member Posts: 24
edited 16. Oct 2013, 07:07 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well Just had my Flu & Pneumonia Jab today,

Bloody arm aches from the Pneumonia Jab but at least don`t have to have it again,
Anyone know how long the soreness will last?

Paul

Comments

• DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi,

I had both on Saturday but I haven't had any pain or soreness from it, sorry!!

Paracetamol & ibuprofen are supposed to help if ure allowed to take them, a cold flannel too perhaps?

xxx
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • PaulO
    PaulO Member Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi Debbie,

Hope you are ok,

Typical i seem to get every side effect there is at the minute, unless iam just a big soft bloke LOL

Might try the Flannel as its bloody hurting Booo Hooo.

:cry:
    Paul
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    I think it's the 'man flu' thing, yep ... Ure a soft bloke :lol:;)

I'm in the middle of some problems so its likely I may not have noticed if it hurt!! Actually my flu jab arm stung a bit Saturday evening! (Does that help? ;))

I hope the pain eases asap for you :)

Xx xX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Hi Paul, I'm having my flu jab on Friday- exciting prospect! It's a few years since the pneumonia jab, but I seem to recall it was tender for a few days. But as you say- it lasts for ages so short term pain for long term gain maybe?

Hope the soreness wears off soon.

Deb
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    We all react differently but I do know that males have more pain receptors than females so yes, things will feel keener. I have not had any trouble with either the 'flu or pneumonia, I have my 'flu tomorrow (I am not mething this week for that reason as both happen on the same day) and I am prepared for a bigger reaction this year because they have altered the contents of the jab. Hopefully nowt much will result but if it does then I shall apply an anti-histamine cream. I hope things are easing for you now. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hi. I had flu jab last Wednesday and have been suffering ever since. Have had, and still got, a very sore, painful and swollen arm and have had many sleep disturbed nights. Have been ok for the past couple of years. Didn't know they had altered the jab so maybe that's why. Good Luck to anyone about to have it. Beryl
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,717
    Options
    They alter the flu jab every year, Beryl, so that we are covered for the strain of flu that is likely to attack.

I had my flu jab a fortnight ago and the only reaction I had was redness and a little itching. I'm off for my pneumonia one now.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi
    I had mine over a week ago with no problems just a sore arm but suffered no side effects
    I think I'm lucky as I never suffer from any side effects of medications but I also think it takes a long time for any medication to take effect too
    Hope you are feeling a little better
    Maria
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Hi Everyone

Sorry i managed to dodge the jab this time as i felt ill for weeks last year .

Fowls xx
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Options
    Hi PaulO,

I had my flu and pneumonia jab last Thursday and the pneumonia jab really made my arm ache right up until last night! As you say at least we don't need that one again.

Hope you're feeling better,

Love Kate x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    'Flu jab done today. :( OUCH. :( DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben