PALS

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,717
edited 16. Oct 2013, 06:59 in Living with Arthritis archive
The on-line Patients' Liaison and Advisory Service is no longer operational.

If you go to their website it tells you why. http://www.pals.nhs.uk/ It sounds as it the organisation itself is still there but, presumably, to contact someone, you must now go through your local hospital. There appears to be no way that someone can locate their local branch and certainly no on-line way of liaising with them. I find that rather sad.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Omg!! :shock: :cry:

I've never had to use them myself by I know wot a massive help they have been to so many. Wot a waste :(

I totally agree, it's VERY sad. The Dept of Health should be ashamed!!!

Thanks for the information SW.

Xxx xxX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I' ve only usd PALs once and that was through my hospital. I am going there tonmorrow so I will see if any of their leaflets are still available. This is shocking news but I suppose the DoH can't stretch its resources to all areas. Thank you for the heads-up, Sticky. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Kittkat
    Kittkat Member Posts: 309
    Options
    oh! I used this only a week ago and they were great ! :( Bad times
    How am I gonna be an optimist about this?
  • Kittkat
    Kittkat Member Posts: 309
    Options
    oh! I used this only a week ago and they were great ! :( Bad times
    How am I gonna be an optimist about this?
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi
    Think it's called PETs now
    Will be using them at the end of the week if I don't get the answers I need from my daughters gastroenterology team on Friday!!
    Maria
  • stickywicket
    Options
    [quote="maria09"
    Think it's called PETs now
    [/quote]

Are you sure? I tried googling PETS (with and without the full stops) and only got lots of stuff on dogs and kennels :? So I added NHS and just got stuff on the NHS.
    Steven Wright
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    I am wondering if it may be a local thing to you, Sticky..... I can get all the information to contact them by sticking in a postcode but I am loathe to pick up the phone to check as I do not need help atm only curiosity as to what is going on with PALS since reading your thread.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I don't see how a website can be 'local', Elna :? The website I gave above just has the message saying that they can't afford to keep it going.

Where do you stick in your postcode? That'd be a start :)
    Steven Wright
  • maria09
    Options
    Hi SW
    I think its a local thing in Leeds it's still PALs but have been told in Harrogate its PETs in sure that's what my friend said it was now called but will,check
    Best wishes
    Maria
  • maria09
    Options
    Hi,SW
    It's called Patients experience team (pets) in Harrogate
    Not sure what other authorities call it
    Maybe if you put in complaints it might come up
    Maria
  • elnafinn
    Options
    http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1082.aspx?CategoryID=68&SubCategoryID=153

Hi Sticky

I copied the link twice but it did not appear to work on here. :roll: :?

The above link works and scroll down and click on "Find your nearest PALS office" and that is where you type in a postcode.

It will be an awful shame if PALS is defunct now as they were so helpful, as I know twice, from personal experience.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Right. I did that and got a list of all the hospitals in my trust and, eventually, a phone number for the PALS. So I rang and asked the lady what was happening. She didn't seem aware of anything to do with the website. She said anyone with an issue had to go through their local trust. So the service is still there but harder to find.
    Steven Wright
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Hi Sticky

At least it is still there. :wink:

Elna x