Tocilizumab

Options
katekelly
katekelly Member Posts: 975
edited 15. Oct 2013, 13:55 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Folks,

Sorry I've not been around but I've had a 'bad' time over the last few months. I won't bore you all with the details but the long and the short of it is I'm stopping the Anti- TNF and going onto Methotrexate and Tocilizumab. Not happy about the MTX as when I took it before it made me very ill and I had to come off it but at least this time it is a smaller dose but I don't know anyone who is on Tocilizumab that I can ask their opinion about it. So if any of you lovely people have tried/is using this one could you please give me some advice please good and bad.

Thanks all

Kate xx

Comments

• SaraD
    SaraD Member Posts: 31
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Kate

I was just wondering why you'd stopped the Anti TNF? I had a bad experience on Infliximab recently and they are now thinking of giving me Humira. I can't help you with your new drug I'm afraid.

Sara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I'm sorry you've been having a rough time, it's not on sometimes is it? If you do a search on tocilizumab then the threads where it is mentioned will pop up. It has been on the boards recently, maybe try pages two and three on here first? It's not one I've tried, I can only number inflliximab, enbrel and humira. I wish you well and I hope it helps in the way you want. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Options
    Hi Sara D,

I've been on Enbrel for a few years now but had to come off last October to have some dental surgery. Although I asked, the Doctor refused to prescribe anti-biotics as "NICE says no"!!! Even though my immune system is so compromised.And I then got an infection in my mouth! So when I did get back on the Enbrel it just didn't work anymore. We've given it a good few tries but it don't want to play the game. As I had been on Humira before the next step according to my Rheumy Tocilizumab. So we'll see but I am chomping at the bit to start it (even though the possible side effects do sound rather horrid) just to try and get some relief from the pain.

Hope you feel better soon.

Love Kate x