Humira!

Options
Nishjoshiuk
Nishjoshiuk Member Posts: 12
edited 22. Oct 2013, 10:28 in Living with Arthritis archive
So peeps I started the new drug on Saturday and I'm hoping this is not a fluke but boy I feel fab! Cannot believe the difference it has made already like I say it still early days and the fact it has to be taken every 2 weeks, it will be interesting to see towards the tale end of next week.
This is my second type of anti TNF and I hope this will give me a few years or longer like the other one did and does not have impacts on my bloods.
The outcome has resulted in me being happy, my children and my partner especially my daughter as she has seen me struggle the most.
This has restored my faith in new meds as I really thought it was downhill at one point. But proven wrong again!
I will keep you posted on any side effects or downsides but keep all cross it works :-))))

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Wow, this sounds promising, what cheerful news to read (compared to the more usual kind we get on here!) I am happy for you and I hope this continues to be the case. I know in my case things tail off towards the end of the fortnight, so don't be too surprised if the same happens to you - hopefully the next dose will thrust you right back up there! I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Fantastic news!!!! :D
  • Kittkat
    Kittkat Member Posts: 309
    Options
    hello that is great news I know some people do get results v quickly with this kind of drug :D
    How am I gonna be an optimist about this?
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi
    That's fantastic news
    Long may it continue
    Maria
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    Humira has always worked for me, and I've never noticed
    any tail off. Hope it continues to do it for you.
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Wonderful news :) Xx xX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • purpleowl
    purpleowl Member Posts: 231
    Options
    Hi Ich,

wonderful news! Long may it continue! Keeping fingers and everything crossed for you(but not my legs! :roll: )

Trish xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I love good news and that is brilliant news..long may it continue for you...please keep us updated..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    Thanks ladies.
  • mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    Options
    thats great news Nishjoshiuk
    im pleased for you,i start same drug in few weeks hope it does same for me to... :):):)
    mike26..
  • SaraD
    SaraD Member Posts: 31
    Options
    Great news. They are thinking of putting me on the same drug so your post and that of others on the site has given me renewed hope!

Sara
  • Nishjoshiuk
    Options
    Thanks guys some good feedback. Trish loving the humour bless you and Sara keep you posted still going good only twinge was my hip and back but I've had that since childbirth. Loads of energy and still feeling good even managed to give the bathroom a good clean today lol.
    Hope it works for you Hun.xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Loads of energy and still feeling good even managed to give the bathroom a good clean today lol.

If you find you have a surfeit of energy I wouldn't be offended if you offered to clean my bathroom too :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • SaraD
    SaraD Member Posts: 31
    Options
    Hi Nishjoshiuk

I've got to wait 10 weeks apparently as I need to be clear of the previous drug (infliximab). They call it 10 week wash out apparently. Steriod from last week appears to be wearing off and I've just been signed off another week from work. :(

Sara
  • Nishjoshiuk
    Options
    Hang in there Sara! I hope it has the same benefits eventually when you start! First off day today but not in much pain Just the usual everyday dull ache but still feeling optimistic.
    Big hugs Hun.xx
  • Mat48
    Mat48 Member Posts: 1,075
    Options
    That is great news Nishjoshiuk. I'm hoping to be offered one of the anti-tnfs soon and if this happens it's really good to know how much difference they make to some people. Really hope your good fortune with Humira continues.
    Mat x
    If you get lemons, make lemonade