Very proud Mum!

Options
katekelly
katekelly Member Posts: 975
edited 21. Oct 2013, 06:57 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi Folks,

We live in Warwickshire and we are very lucky to still have a couple of Grammar Schools in the area. As you can imagine the competition for places is very steep and a cause of many a sleepless night!

We got the results through yesterday and I am very happy to say that Sarah passed her 11+. In fact she smashed it and was ranked 4th out of 344 girls.
We are as you can imagine very proud of her achievement and Actually I'm a bit in awe of her! Obviously got her father's brains!!

Love Kate xx

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    WOW! That is tremendous news, no wonder you are so proud. I hail from a county that still has the grammar school system and I happen to think it's a good thing (a deeply old-fashioned view, I know). Well done to your girl, I hope she thrives in her new school. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Many many congratulations ,my granddaughter passed hers we are waiting to see what school she gets in . Mig
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Options
    Thanks Dreamdaisy and Mig we are all as a family very proud. I feel as if we have won the Lottery! It is such a great school but the competition was fierce. I am a great believer in the Grammar system ( I know very old fashioned too!) but I get really wound up by the fact that 'State' schools cannot give any guidance or tutorage for the 11+ but the 'private' schools can. In the Rugby area we have a considerable amount of privately educated children just for the reason of getting through the 11+. Add to this fact that children from 4 counties can sit the exam a lot of folk like us who cannot afford private education are already at a disadvantage.

Ellie got to the same school 10 years ago but it was totally different then. The exam was sat in her school hall and the primary school could give a few lessons on what to expect. For Sarah to sit it we had to get her photo validated by her Headteacher and she took the test in the local town hall. Some of the kids there were crying!! The stress level was huge!! One poor boy was 'cramming' papers his Dad had bought along!! Poor little chap!

So as well as feeling elated I'm glad it's all over and Sarah can enjoy the rest of her final year at junior school and just be a 10yearold (sorry she's11 next month and on the countdown to her birthday!).

Love Kate x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    Well DONE Sarah!!!

b020.gif

Well done Mum and Dad :)

I am so pleased for you all.

This was the first place I even KNEW people still took the 11+ a couple of weeks ago.

Love

Toni xx
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    Congratulations to Sarah I think its a lot harder these days ,lots of distractions to ,Marrianne :)
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Brilliant news Kate...I can feel you excitement, its wonderful when our children do well...many congratulations to Sarah... :D:D
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Well done, Sara! (And Mum :wink: )
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Congratulations to your daughter Kate you have every right to be so proud.....................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Well done Sarah on your 11+ results!! 4th out of 344, you should be super proud! And Kate you have every right to be a proud Mom!! :D
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Congratulations/to/Sarah.What/a/brilliant/result.

My2girls/also/passed/and/went/to/a/lovely/all/girls/school.

Elizabethxx
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein