I Did A House Viewing Today

elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 22. Oct 2013, 09:00 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

My mum and dad are away in Edinburgh for a long weekend and as they only left on thursday night had thought of contacting estate agent to say I would do any viewings as we felt the agent who had shown others round, we suspected he was a rookie and indeed he was - have no problem with that but he had zero confidence and it portrayed. So I nipped out yesterday just for over an hour, met someone in Asda who has had horrific knee replacement (very bad infections) so was just over an hour. Gets call from Dad "where have you been estate agents been trying to call you" I said well had only nipped out and he said someone wanted to view today at 4pm. I asked dad who was doing the viewing and he didn't know so I said to him "we have to voice our concerns about this new agent"..So he rang back and indeed it should have been the newboy but we cancelled him as we just said he wasn't very impressive and even when dad talked to him he didn't give eye contact.
So I did viewing today and it was good, I mean I don't know if she liked it serously to put in an offer but no negative comments were made. Lady brought her daughter who was a touch surly and seemed to want to leave before mum but I just went into every room and said " this is such and such if you wanted to make it bigger you could by removing item 1 and item 2"...
So I'm glad we voiced our concerns...I just think if we have a snowballs chance of selling we need the right person doing so..

Elainexx

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh good for you Elaine, I watched them on TV once and they gave tips on selling your house..that's is brilliant pointing out all the improvement they could make...some times people dont see them...maybe there is another career on the books for you... :D good luck I hope it sells very soon xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • elainebadknee
    Barbara

I'm not saying I am a natural seller but I am 100% better than the bloke we stopped doing the viewings, I have never seen anyone so un-confident..

Elainexxx
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Oh dear Elaine ,Its not as though its cheap to sell a house ,I worry about sharp practice to ,Do they still have no win no fee .we have decided to put up our own board and some small adds in local property news ,as we are still working on D I Y ...itchen very much work in progress ,continued good luck wit the sale .Marrianne :)
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Marianne

Good on you for trying your own board and advertising, I really hope this pays off for you? We had to speak up about this bloke I mean someone who gives no eye contact should not be in sales, simple as...I know its a tough jobs market but you have to know your limits...Plus its us who would lose out if he just fluttered round our house saying naff all...!

Elainexx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Hey Elaine well done for doing the viewing yesterday, you sound like you would be a good estate agent! Maybe that's a sign!! :shock: It does sound like you would be better off doing the viewings yourself if your up to it rather than rookie boy! They shouldn't be having him doing viewings until he is trained up for it. I know I didn't do any viewings straight away on my own, I shadowed another staff member on viewings until I was confident enough to do it on my own. Hope yesterday's viewing turns out to be a positive one.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Well/done/Elaine.Can't/say/I/was/any/good/at/this/but/sold/long/b efore/all/these/TV programmes/gave/out/advice.

Elizabethx
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Bubba

Yes im not saying i would do it as a job but I know Im no sales person, he ought to know he is not either...It was fine but don't think an offer would be made...The woman had a surly daughter who seemed rather disinterested at times and think that would have a bearing...Im happy with what I did.

Elainexx
  • elainebadknee
    Elizabeth

Well when we were preparing house for sale we nicknamed my siter Kirstie after Kirstie Allsopp..!

Elainexx
  • elainebadknee
    Update

Just goes to show people say one thing then change attitudes...Feedback the house was nice but too hemmed in! Nothing was said or no negative comments made on saturday but as I said before daughter was so dis-interested thought no offer would be forthcoming....I'd rather folk just said thank you but its not quite what we are looking for/its not right for me...?

Elainexx