Hi Everyone

Options
wendgro
wendgro Member Posts: 296
edited 21. Oct 2013, 05:34 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well had a busy 3 months made the cake for the grandaughters wedding which took place 2 weeks ago she was beautifull so was the cake even though I say it myself. Not much news on my knee problem I saw my consultant last week and declined the manipulation he offered me my right knee has now gone kerput so I have yet another problem if I had the manipulation done and it didn't work or went wrong with the other knee gone I would end up not being able to walk at all. So at the moment I am giving both knees a lot of rest and care hoping they don't get any worse. I don't know if the weather does play a part but it seems all my joints are particularly bad at the moment I also have another frozen shoulder but hey I am quite healthy otherwise how are you all doing ?

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, it's lovely to hear from you again. I am pleased that everything went well but sorry to read about your on-going knee troubles, I empathise because mine are rough at the moment (but that's probably more to do with the fact that they are my rancid originals. :wink: ) We do find ourselves every now and again between a rock and a hard place, and we have to make decisions based on the best available info we have.

From the general tenor of the threads on here it would seem that many of us are being 'upset' by the change in the season, I think it's linked to to low pressure weather and the general damp and decay of autumn. Then we'll get the really cold days of winter (which will also affect us) then the warmer days of spring which will also upset us (just because it can) followed by the heat of summer which will affect the auto-immuners - none of us can win! :wink:

I hope you are still able to drive and, for what it's worth, I think you are right to rest your knees as much as possible. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Hello again, wendgro. Well done on the cake front. I hope you have some lovely photos and memories of the day.

I'm sorry about the knees and especially that the other has joined in. I know nothing about manipulation so can't offer any advice there.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Wendy and very well done on making the wedding cake..how satisfying that must have been..its just a shame we cant see a pic.. :D I'm so glad the wedding went well ..now yes you really do deserve a rest....xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Good to hear from you again Wendy, well done on doing the wedding cake. I think the majority of us are suffering due to the change in weather. Both my hands have been sticking and I've sure that's due to the change in weather. Hope the wedding day was OK for you, when it's an important family day you find the strength to get through it and don't think about how you'll feel the next day! Hope your resting and not trying to do too much.