mbst

stevew
stevew Member Posts: 25
edited 21. Oct 2013, 14:04 in Say Hello Archive
Hello to all.
At the start of May this year I tried MBST to help my hip problem after I had been diagnosed with accident induced arthritis. I did post at the time and said that I would post again after 6 months to say how it had gone and if it had worked.
So here we are in mid October and as it was my birthday yesterday I thought I would let people know the results.
The treatment was nine sessions long for an hour each day with a break at the weekend. For the first few weeks I would say that I felt very little difference but I was assured it would take up to six months for the benefits to show through. As of now I would say that there has been some improvement but as we all know it is difficult in the extreme to be subjective about ones own pain. I am 64 and my hip is never going to be 16 again but I can still row, cycle and walk for some considerable distance with little if any pain. I can walk upstairs two at a time with no pain. Putting on socks and the like is back to normal or should I say as normal as one would expect. On balance some increase in mobility but the pain has not gone and I dont think it ever will. Would I recommend it for others , well that is difficult to say but it is an option that could be considered rather than the everlasting popping of pills which I dont like doing. Thats really all I have to say so good luck to all who may try it.
Steve W

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I remember your original posts and am pleased that you feel you are getting some benefit from this; your mobility may be improved but, alas, some degree of pain will always be present. Any form of arthritis is progressive and degenerative but hopefully you have delayed matters for the time being. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,689
    Hello again, Steve, and thank you for the update. I'm glad you feel you ave some benefit even if not as much as you'd have liked. I guess any is better than none.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello again Steve and thankyou for the update...must say I tried all sorts before I had my THR...I am 63...my new hip is doing brilliant...and hopefully will last me many years...I do wish you well for the future.
    Love
    Barbara
  • stevew
    stevew Member Posts: 25
    Hello and thanks to all who responded to my post. I really do feel that I have gained from the MBST but I would not suggest anybody should decide to try it from what I have posted so please carry out your own research and make your own decisions. All that I can say is that I feel it has given me some increase in mobility and decrease in pain levels. The only thing that I am not sure of is if it is in my head or in my hip.
    I will post again in a few months to let you know if it has improved any further
    Steve
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,689
    stevew wrote:
    All that I can say is that I feel it has given me some increase in mobility and decrease in pain levels. The only thing that I am not sure of is if it is in my head or in my hip

:lol: It's helped. That's what makes the difference.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    I'm glad you are doing better and I'm curious, what is MBST?

Anna