Does anybody remember the name of a hand gel/cream?

Options
louisarm
louisarm Member Posts: 52
edited 23. Oct 2013, 15:22 in Living with Arthritis archive
Dear All,

Somebody posted approximately a month ago about a cream that is very good for arthritis in the hands.

I think it was from Ireland. I tried the search engine but clearly I am not putting the right words in.

Sorry this is all a bit vague but if anybody could remember I would be very grateful.

Best wishes to all.

Louisa x

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Capsaicin? That's the only one I can currently think of. I think it's based on chillis. There is also the cream that kentishlady's son bought for her but whether that was cap or not I don't know. Sorry. :oops: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    I agree with DD. A few have mentioned capsaicin but there is another, newer one and I'm pretty sure kentishlady's son got her some. Why not either look at her back posts or PM her?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Yes I believe it was Kentish lady that posted it....not sure that its available here yet.....want me to get some when I go over on Sunday :lol:
    Going to see my mam who is nearly 92 from next Sunday to Thursday
    Capsican is supposed to v good....got to admit I've never tried it

Love
    Hileena
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hi. The gel my Son got for me to try is Flexiseq. Only available in Ireland at the moment. I think it is intended more for joints like knees etc, but maybe you could try it on your hands. I found it worked better on my knee than my back. It is expensive, about £16 for a very small tube, and that was getting it off A....n website. However, when I looked the other day, they seem to have put the price up and it is now nearly £20. I find Pernaton gel probably helps as much, but as we all know, it might work much better for someone else. I also use Capsaicin which my gp prescribes. I've been using that on my wrist and hand, since they have recently joined in with the other OA bits.

Unfortunately, none of them stop the pain but possibly alleviate it just a little. I still find the one thing that helps most is a warmed wheatbag, but can't really wander around attached to one of those!!

Hope you manage to find something to help you.

Beryl
  • louisarm
    louisarm Member Posts: 52
    Options
    Dear All,

Thanks for the replies.

The gel I was enquiring about was the one from Kentish ladies son. So thanks for that. I might try it and the capsaicin cream too.

It is very expensive having arthritis isn't it :wink:

Best wishes to all.

Louisa x