Seriously lacking it.

Options
2»

Comments

• Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Mat, from my observations of you on here and on another forum, you are a wonderful woman, intelligent, generous and kind but oh so hard on yourself. It seems that you expect a lot of yourself. Sometimes when it all feels overwhelming, a good thing to do is just be. It's not an easy task to let yourself just be and it's taken my many years to overcome my overwhelming feelings but it really does help. You're having a hard time; it's ok not to rush around and try to fix it, but just to feel it and allow yourself to feel those difficult feelings.

I know things have been really hard for you the last few months but you're here and you're still standing (or sitting but whatever! :D ). Be kind to yourself.

((((((Mat))))))
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Debbie

You were more than willing to dish out plenty of opinion but seem not able to take on board other comments, it certainly didn't look well meant.....I spoke as I saw and found it harsh, I would not have said it how you did, it seemed very blunt. I stand by what I say.

Elainexx
  • Mat48
    Mat48 Member Posts: 1,075
    Options
    Hey everyone no quarrels on my thread please! I've just come off the other forum I have used for two years because of bullying and general meanness - I really don't want to see anymore friction - however well meant.

But, for what it's worth Debbie, I don't think I'm as totally self absorbed as you have judged me. Although I concede I may well come over this way on this forum because I do use it more selfishly than I did the other so your point may have some validity and has made me think a bit about how I come over on here - as has other related stuff :roll:

This is partly because there are so many people on here and I get muddled. Now that I'm off the other site I will be around more and hopefully be a more productive and generous member on here too. But if I get whiff of fighting I'll run off back to my bathroom and that's a threat and half!

I'm much better today thanks Starburst and Elaine and DD too! DD your Cilla ref made me chuckle thanks - I'd almost forgot about her but how could I actually? :lol:

You did all help me a lot with your advice to wallow a bit more. As soon as I decided to wallow I didn't need to so much anymore. Plus a really horrid situ elsewhere over the past few days has traumatised me somewhat but today I was able to put that behind me. I couldn't really speak of it on here so haven't been giving you all the full picture - I'm sorry but overlap of members and all that. It has been resolved for me and I'm able to move on and do things my way without being subjected to scrutiny and humiliation of the bullied - with a lot of help from my friends on there and here I should say. I am finally moving forward I hope!

Physically the flare I left behind with the pred a few weeks ago seems to be returning with the weaning down of Pred. My lower half (feet and ankles esp) says "this isn't nice?" but my upper half can't get rid of the stuff quickly enough. I have continual burping and chest tightness on Pred this time despite Omaprazole. I hope it's just the Pred because it's fairly unpleasant but it arrived on the first day so guessing it must be. Now off to see what people here have been up to. Mat xx
    If you get lemons, make lemonade
  • Mat48
    Mat48 Member Posts: 1,075
    Options
    Mat, from my observations of you on here and on another forum, you are a wonderful woman, intelligent, generous and kind but oh so hard on yourself. It seems that you expect a lot of yourself. Sometimes when it all feels overwhelming, a good thing to do is just be. It's not an easy task to let yourself just be and it's taken my many years to overcome my overwhelming feelings but it really does help. You're having a hard time; it's ok not to rush around and try to fix it, but just to feel it and allow yourself to feel those difficult feelings.

I know things have been really hard for you the last few months but you're here and you're still standing (or sitting but whatever! :D ). Be kind to yourself.

((((((Mat))))))

This made me glow with gratitude and increased self-confidence thanks Starburst. I do expect a lot of myself and am very critical - which means if others are too I can easily become depressed and just agree with them wholeheartedly. I guess its a self esteem issue. Hopefully that CBT letter will come one day soon and will get me into better habits. Mat xx
    If you get lemons, make lemonade