POCTKET DUTIES PLEASE

Options
hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 23. Oct 2013, 15:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I have got an appointment at the pain clinic tomorrow....not quite sure what he wants but I did have some facet joint injections from him......no good whatsoever :wink:
Possible discussion about my hip replacement :?:
He did prescribe pregabilin the last time and I haven't taken it :oops:
I already take epilepsy tablets and these are anti convulsants as well. I checked with my GP when I went for the prescription and her opinion was no I shouldn't take them but she would write the prescription if I wanted it. I decided against it.......don't want to make any waves where my epilepsy is concerned. I've been stable for 35 years so anything that MIGHT affect it...no way.....Not looking forward to telling him that :?
Love
Hileena

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Count me in, I will be there with you. Of course you don't want to rock the epilepsy boat, I can fully understand that and I am sure he will too. If not tell him he is a clot. (If you can't then I will, it's been known before and I can do it nicely :wink: ) .

I am still waiting for my pain team appointment, I think I need to nudge people. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Pregabalin is great for putting stones in weight on ... I came off it coz of that. I don't blame you not wanting to risk destabilizing ure seizures!!

I'll be in ure pocket. Good luck.

((((( )))))
    xxxx
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    I'll be in your pocket too. Hope all goes well. Let us know how you get on. Beryl. (((()))) xx
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi All
    DD....I'll set you on him if he doesn't understand why I'm not taking them :lol:
    Debbie........Slimming World would love that....and I'm at target weight now so its good that I didn't start them :lol:
    Beryl....thanks....and yes I'll let you know.

Love
    Hileena
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Will be with you . Mig
  • Mat48
    Mat48 Member Posts: 1,075
    Options
    Can I come too? I'm getting good at sorting out doctors now. Just look him in the eye and speak calmly and slowly and I'm sure you will get your point across perfectly. Mat x
    If you get lemons, make lemonade
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    I'll be there too. I really think it's a good idea if we all go along to each other's dr. appointments from now on....

xxAnna
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Matt
    The more the merrier :wink:
    Yes Anna its a good idea isnt it
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    I'm in, Hileena and of course you can't risk destabilising things with your epilepsy. I hope it all goes well.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Count me in Hileena...you have your say...why we all hide under the table.... :o I hope it all goes well for you xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    I understand the worry about tipping the balance between Arthur and another condition. I don't have epilepsy but when you're on other meds it's worrying, isn't it? I hope something good comes out of the appt. Like the others, I will be in your pocket too. Hope it goes well. x
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi SW, Barbara and Starburst
    Thanks for your support.
    I suffer pain or lack of sleep rather than take meds they offer that might clash with my other meds.
    I do take paracetamol and naproxen for the pain {well.......takes the edge off} I also use pernaton gel which helps
    I'll let you know what happens.
    I have to do a talk for Arthritis Care at 5pm so goodness knows how long that will last but I will be online sometime

Love
    Hileena
  • petals
    petals Member Posts: 217
    Options
    Hi Hileena,

I will be there too (ill bring biscuits) good luck

Petals x
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Options
    Reporting for duty ma'am! Best of luck Hileena, you stick to your guns about taking meds you've been recommended not to! x
    Toots x
  • thistlegirl
    thistlegirl Member Posts: 229
    Options
    I will be there.
    Be honest with him and you will be fine, you know your body best you just need him to explain the options to you first.

Jenny
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Options
    I will be in your pocket too. I hope it's a big pocket.

Do hope your appointment goes well.

Susie
  • hileena111
    Options
    |Hi
    I'll make sure | put something on with big pockets :wink:
    Looking forward to those biscuits....what kind are you bringing :lol:
    I'm sitting her at the last minute making my notes to try and explain the pain/ache to him....check if he knows the THR was cancelled???? You know how departments talk to each other NOT!!!!!! :roll:

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Take your time, I hope you are sitting in peace and quiet and can marshal your thoughts. I'm bringing the usual champagne and strawberries (I am not a fan of biscuits). DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Good luck today Hileena...like DD says take your time and get everything down...but don't do what I did and forget to take the list with me... :roll: will be thinking about you xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Hope I'm not too late!
    Good luck Hileena, I hope it goes as you wish it to.
    Take care.
    Numpty
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Think I've got the list finished :wink:
    I find usually the things I put on it they bring up anyway.....just have to make sure.
    I know its not his speciality but I thought I might mention eyes to him and ask for advice????????
    Love
    Hileena
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Well done Hileena for getting through the list!! So was it a good visit? I'm sorry I missed the Pocket Duty! :oops:
  • destiny0321
    destiny0321 Member Posts: 88
    Options
    Even though i have a cough and chest infection i cannot do pocket duties but will be thinking of you, hope all goes ok here is some hugs for you.
    ((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))) destiny