May has a new hip

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
edited 14. Nov 2013, 16:52 in Living with Arthritis archive
She came home today. It seems it all happened very quickly (Isn't it lovely when the right things happen to those who really do need them?) and now she's home and so is John. Temporarily they have a live-in carer. May claimed to be 'doped up' but she still sounded pretty good to me. The little grandchild is doing well too. I am very, very pleased :D
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Thanks SW.....fantastic news..........she'll need that carer for the next 6 weeks when she is restricted with what she is allowed and not allowed to do......but great that' she's back and so is John

Love
    Hileena
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Thanks SW,great you're home May take care and get well soon. Mig
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Options
    Thank you, Stickywicket.

May, I do hope you recover well and safely. I am thinking of you both.

Susie
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Thank you Sticky, that is wonderful news - that has come as a total surprise! I hope that having the carer means that May wil be able to take all the time she needs to heal. If you are in touch please send her my very best wishes and assure her she is in my thoughts. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Thanks SW...So that is what our May has been up to..wishing you a speedy recovery and I'm so glad you have the carer to help out..(((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    That's great news, May. Hope you are being well looked after. Take care of yourself. Beryl. (((())))xx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Wow May, That was a bolt out the blue! Glad your home with a new hip, if anyone deserves something good to be done for them you do! Pleased you have some help to take care of you & John while your recovering. You take Care and get lots of rest! Sending you a big,soft (())
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Thanks for sharing SW :)

How lovely to hear positive news, please share good wishes if you're in touch with May again. I really hope that the carer is there for as long as they need them..
    Deb
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Thank you Sticky.

That is good news Val. Glad you and John are home. it's good that you have a carer so get as much rest as possible and have a quick recovery. ((hug))
    Christine
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,926
    Options
    Thank you Sticky
    hello May i'm pleased you have a thr.take care I hope things are improving for you.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    That's brilliant news, thanks for posting it SW :D

It only feels like a week ago that May posted about needing it done & her concerns for Johns care etc I'm SO glad it's been done & she's home safely. I hope the carer looks after May as well as John!!

It's lovely to hear the baby is doing well. Wot a day of mixed emotions that was!!

(((((May)))))

Xxx xxX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Gosh just seen this, thanks Sticky.

So pleased for you May lets hope for a speedy recovery, It is good you have live in help for you and John (((()))) take care ............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    Thank you everyone. Its been a bit of a rollercoaster and I'm now feeling its about time I got off. I'd only seen the orthapedic surgeon once and then on day of the op. Seems it was all very rushed to me...maybe he was at a loose end!!! John is more confused than ever. He went in residential care virtually overnight and now we have a carer 8am until 8pm and another sleeper. Both very good but only funded for 2 weeks although we will fund it ourselves until things improve. It was either that or me going into care and its so nice to be home. I'm so tired all the time and I'm not doing anything!!! I'm hoping that things improve in the long term. I don't want a miracle...or maybe I do. I'm having problems with the crutches because of my hands and I'm missing fresh air.
    Kath...daytime carer doesn't do housework...well just a bit but she likes cooking which is a godsend otherwise we'd be living on ready meals. Most of the housework is being done by my youngest daughter as she isn't going back to work until after christmas. Going to have 10 minutes shut eye now...take care everyone and try and keep warm. Love May xx
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    I agree May. It is time to come off the roller coaster. You've been on there long enough. Glad you have such good carers. Pity they don't do more housework but I guess the cooking is more important at the moment. Hope John settles down again soon and you recover quickly. (((hugs)))
    Christine
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Options
    Hugs May, I hope your road to recovery is a swift and uneventful one x
    Toots x
  • stickywicket
    Options
    May, of course you are tired all the time :roll: You've just had a major op on top of horrendous chemo and then the trauma of John's stroke. You are not going to be doing any gymnastics or marathons for some time yet. Well, not while we can stop you anyway :lol:

As for the crutches, I was never able to do them. I always start off, post-op, on a gutter frame and come home with a zimmer but that goes by the board the first time I have to make myself a cuppa. Furniture is by far the best walking aid. Not very good for outdoor walking but then you just hang on to whoever's with you at the time. (If it's a good-looking young man, hang on tight :wink: )

Keep plugging away. You're doing very well indeed.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    Options
    Oh bless May ...its all go for you , I am glad you have at least some help, but having to fund it yourself after 2 weeks ..well the least said...I really do hope you can get off this roller coaster very soon...if anyone deserves a break its you...((((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I'm thinking of you, May. I hope things are going as well as can be for you and John. (((())))
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    Options
    May I am thinking of you and John and sending some healing hugs has our Cris used to say....((((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    Options
    A small top-up, May. (((())))
    Steven Wright
  • stickywicket
    Options
    And another. ((((()))))
    Steven Wright
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,926
    Options
    Hello May
    have you tried wearing gloves with the crutches. I hope everything improves for you soon you need some good luck
    ((((((((may))))))))
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    Options
    No news SW...hopefully May still has help and is doing okish...(((()))xxfor you May
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    A wee top up from me May (((())))..............take care Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hope you are getting on ok, May. Am sending a few (((()))) to help you along just a little and thinking of you. Beryl. xx