BACK FROM THE PAIN CLINIC

hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 24. Oct 2013, 15:34 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,
It wasn't a bad appointment.....He did ask how the facet injections went??? They didn't help. :roll:

He asked about the group that I had been referred to...how it was going.......its great ....Its a Chronic Pain Management group once a month.... similar to the arthritis courses but Phil isn't stuck to a time......The Arthritis group ones are 2 or 6 weeks.....this you can go to for as long as you like.......I find it very helpful......very social......we are supposed to meet at 10.30am....most of us turn up about 10am to have coffee and a chat before it starts.

He is referring me to Kristan {physio that I used to have} He's the one that gave me the courses of acupuncture......they worked {dulled the pain} for 5 out of the 7 days which I considered a result :wink:
He did 2 courses of 6 weeks each.....that's as much as the NHS would let him do. Then this year he was going to do some more and it was decided I would have facet injections etc so he decided better not have the acupuncture so that I would know what was working and what wasn't.
So he's going to write to him and ask him to re start them. :D

I mentioned the eyes and Mr Nasty :lol::lol: He said you are entitled to a 2nd opinion.....I mentioned that one of the docs at the surgery at looked at my notes and said I had had a 2nd opinion.......I had seen someone when Mr Nasty wasn't there :lol:
Dr Coe......says no......ask to be referred to a different eye hospital and start from the beginning again. If I see someone else in the same hospital they'll just look at the notes and continue on from there.
Sounds like a plan!!!
I think that's about it.......the next thing is
wait for an appointment with Kristen,
ask the GP for a referral to a different hospital,
and wait for the anaemia to sort itself out and get an appointment for the 2nd THR

Almost forgot......he didn't mention the meds he had prescribed......so I didnt mention them either :lol:

Love
Hileena

Comments

• dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Sounds like a productive appointment :) -hope that all the "next appointments" come through quickly.

Deb
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Yup. That does sound good. I remember you got on well before with Kristan. And a second opinion also sounds good. Nice one, Hileena :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Good result I think Hileena, I remember you saying about your acupuncture and you know it works lets hope you get seen soon. a new eye clinic will obviously mean starting at the beginning but if they get to the root of the trouble it will be well worth it, gad you had a productive day...................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Sounds like a good appointment. Good luck with the referral for your eyes.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Phew Hilleena I am so glad the appointment went well..dont you just feel better for it.
    Its good that you are having more acupuncture...there would be no such thing here...and how good of him to tell you to go to another hospital for your eyes...you have struggled on long enough ..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    Hi Everyone
    Sorry I'm only replying now but I came home from the hospital and shortly afterwards had to head out in the opposite direction to a doctors surgery to do a talk on Arthritis ....just back and had a late tea
    Yes
    I'm pleased with the results......all I have to do now is wait :wink:

Love
    Hileena
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Glad it went fairly well Hileena, just got to wait for those appts to come through the door!
  • hileena111
    Hi
    Thanks for that.......I'm going to Northern Ireland on Sunday morning to see my mam {almost 92} will be back the following Friday so it will be after that before I can get in touch with the GP about a 2nd opinion at a different hospital {for my eyes} but I will do it as soon as possible.....Some arthritis things {like committee meetings and a talk I had to do} have got in the way otherwise I would have been in touch with the GP by now

Love
    Hileena
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Hi,

It's lovely wen an appointment goes well. I'm so pleased for you :D

Have a wonderful time visiting ure Mum.

((((( )))))

Xx xX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x