Feeling really low

Options
janjankay58
janjankay58 Member Posts: 44
edited 23. Oct 2013, 17:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have just come back from the doctors and now as well as being in pain all the time I now have pressure sores which are really painfully has anyone else on here experienced these they have given me cream and a routine I have to follow and go back next week I am so low at the moment and this is something I could do without I would be grateful for any advice.

Jan

Comments

• marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Jan ,I am so very sorry that things are so bad at the moment,Doctors can be useless at times ,I am sure once you treat those pressure sores ,you will start to feel a little better ,I think its important to keep moveing changeing position as much as possible ,I guess not so easy in pain have you the pain dullers you can take ,I wish I could help more re the sores I hope the doctor will keep seeing them until they get better ,Marrianne xx((())
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    I've not had pressure sores, Jan. I do know they can be very painful and sometimes one more bit of necessary routine seems like the straw that breaks the camel's back. I hope the cream will soon do its stuff. Have you been given suggestions as to how to avoid them in future?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Sorry jan cant give you any advice but can give you some of these ((())) hope you feel a wee bit better soon...........................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Oh Jan, I'm so sorry, you poor thing. I cared for my mum who had horrific pressure sores and she really suffered. I'm not surprised you're feeling low. You have my sympathies. If you don't feel like things are improving, please go back and see a doctor or nurse.

Look after yourself and rest up. Fingers crossed that the creams ease your pain and discomfort. x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Jan
    Sorry I cant actually help.....but it must be awful and just another routine to be followed :roll:
    Hugs (((())))))

Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Jan I am sorry you are suffering like this, ..like starburst says if the cream doesn't work go back to your GP..but you have to keep changing positions..I hope they clear up for you soon...its rotten on top of everything else..please let us know how you get on x
    Love
    Barbara
  • janjankay58
    janjankay58 Member Posts: 44
    Options
    Thanks it helps to get possitive feedback the alarm on my phone is set every hour so I don't forget to move and my husband who cares for me is helping and applying cream. He is very helpful and I'm lucky he is here for me.

Jan
  • destiny0321
    destiny0321 Member Posts: 88
    Options
    hello i cannot help you but will send you a big ((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))for you hope you feel better soon, destiny
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Thanks it helps to get possitive feedback the alarm on my phone is set every hour so I don't forget to move and my husband who cares for me is helping and applying cream. He is very helpful and I'm lucky he is here for me.

Jan

Setting an alarm is a good idea. Glad you've got your lovely husband. We're always here for emotional support, so don't be alone. ((((((hugs))))))
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I've not had these either, oh lordy-lordy you poor thing, as if life wasn't tought enough, yes? I am pleased that you have a supportive spouse and I hope that the cream helps. Please let us know how you get on and here's to better news. :) I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Mat48
    Mat48 Member Posts: 1,075
    Options
    Thanks for putting my own glooms in perspective JanJankay - I think you are being very brave and I hope it's not to exhausting having to treat these pressure sores hourly. Hopefully they will go very soon indeed with the treatment. Matx
    If you get lemons, make lemonade