Test results

Options
ouchpotato
ouchpotato Member Posts: 453
edited 29. Oct 2013, 07:40 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all

I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately; life, as usual, has gotten in the way.
But first things first...I got the all clear at my cancer check up, so am over the moon with that :D I have been put back on the 3 year check up list, so I can put that one to the back of my mind.

In the meantime my cellar has flooded which means everything in there is ruined, and the carpets above the cellar in the dining room have gotten damp, and the whole bottom floor smells like a fishmarket! So I tend to not spend much time at home and am holed up in the sweet smelling warm library with my laptop and a coffee!
I'm also having problems with the internet access at home (possibly due to the damp as the router is situated in the damp dining room.)

Pain wise I am getting rather worried as the pain has now decided to spread up my spine to between my shoulder blades, and my neck, resulting in horrid headaches and the need for a hot water bottle to be strapped to my upper back 24/7! I still have 6 ish weeks til my follow up with the hospital. My GP suggested I call and ask for a cancellation but I do not want to risk seeing the consultant I saw before; at the moment I am booked in with the nice one! I am also having sleepless nights as back/hip/groin and thigh pain are keeping me awake.

BUT it is nearing November and the start of nanowrimo - the 'write a 50k word novel in 30 days' challenge. If you win the challenge you can have your book printed and bound and have 2 copies sent to you - obviously the vain and egotistical will order more copies :lol: but the first 2 are free. My mum (you may remember how difficult she is) wanted to come up to visit in November but I told her no, that I would be busy for the whole of the month. It didn't go down well!

Anyway, hopefully you have all battened down the hatches in preparation of the great storm we have been promised!

Take care and thankyou for all being in my pockets while I waited for the results.

xx

Comments

• DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh wot a huge relief!!! ((((((phew)))))) I'm so pleased & grateful uve got another 3 years until you need think of it again.

Deary me, ure not having much luck at home :? I hope you're insured.
    I hope it can be sorted out asap for you coz the damp must be causing awful pain ... Not to mention the stench, yuk :? I'd have de-camped too ;)

I think you've done the right thing with ure Mum. Both of you have health problems & with the damp added in & trying to write as well ... Not a good combination!!

I'd as ure gp to send you for an xray re ure neck. Hopefully it'll be available for wen you see the rheumy then.

Take care. ((((( )))))

Xx xX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I am so please to hear about the test results..what a weight off your mind...yours is the second flooding I have heard of today...its bad enough but when you are struggling with pain its much worse..I hope you get it sorted very soon...good luck with your appointment..I do hope it goes well for you...x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Fantastic news on the tests front :D . Have fun with writing!

Deb xx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Great news Ouch on the test results a bit off your mind. Hope you can get your cellar sorted out soon, good luck with the writing x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • thistlegirl
    thistlegirl Member Posts: 229
    Options
    great news abou5 your results! So sorry your house has been flooded, I hope you have mentioned your disability to whoever is in charge of clean up, it might move you up the list?

looking forward to your book, good luck!

thistle
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Great news about your results ouch but I'm sorry your suffering at the moment and having to deal with flood damage. It's like a balancing act isn't it. Good news one side and not so great the other side. I hope the writing will help with keeping your mind off the pain. Hope the cellar gets cleaned up fairly soon.
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Options
    Great news ouch! Darned sorry to hear about your flooding though :( There's some horrible weather on the cards for a lot of folk, so I hope you're protected from further damage. Hugs x
    Toots x
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Sorry to hear of your flood. Hope you have help cleaning it up.

Your cancer checkup is great news, you must be thrilled!

Best wishes, Anna
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    Excellent news about the cancer check up. Not so good re the flooding and pain. I hope the writing goes well.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    That is great news, ouch. Sorry about your flooding problem. Hope the 'Big Storm' doesn't give you any further problems. Good luck with the book writing. Beryl. xx
  • tiggerbounce
    tiggerbounce Member Posts: 20
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your flooding but excellent news about the cancer x
  • ouchpotato
    ouchpotato Member Posts: 453
    Options
    Hi all, again sorry there has been a delay in replying as it seems I won't get my internet back on til at least wed, so I am in the library again.

The flooding hasn't been sorted out at all; the house is rented so it's their structure and carpets that are being damaged! The storm last night added to the water levels but not as much as I thought it would. The dining room is unusable as the carpets are damp, so a reduction in rent is on the cards I think! (At least I will try for one).

It's my daughter's 19th today; I've just driven her into town and am using the time to visit the library while she shops with her boyfriend and then will go back home - we are having a 'kids' birthday party later on...jelly and ice cream would you believe? - at her request.

Had more good news a few days ago. My 16 year old son plays electric guitar in a band with his friends, and they won a talent show on Friday night. I am so proud of him, he is self taught, never had a lesson in his life.

Anyway, that's all for now. Thanks so much for the support and well wishes.

Take care

x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    I hope the flood, and damage, is soon sorted, ouch, and well done to your lad :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright