Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Hello

pumpkinpumpkin Posts: 13
edited 26. Oct 2013, 18:10 in Say Hello Archive
Hi all, my name is Karen I'm 52 years old and have osteoarthritis in knees,hands, toes, spine, shoulders. I am due to have shoulder decompression surgery and clavicle resection on the 27th nov.so a little worried at the moment!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Good morning Karen and welcome!
    Sorry, unfortunately I can't take your worries away :( . But distraction could do the trick. At least a little bit, I guess. Well- it does for me. Sometimes. Just try it out! :)
    Have a nice day!
  • purpleowlpurpleowl Posts: 231
    Hi Karen,

welcome to the forum, I have had no surgeries so cannot advise you but I am sure there will be some-one along soon who can. I have OA in my spine and Psoriasis.

I am a fairly new member but have found other members very caring and full of good advice. We also like to have a laugh at ourselves. :D

I wish you well with your up coming surgery,

take care,

Trish xx
  • dreamdaisydreamdaisy Posts: 31,567 ✭✭✭
    Hello, I like the seasonal name. :wink: I am afraid I cannot help at all, I am so far shoulder-trouble-free and greatly appreciate that. I know of some who have had shoulder troubles and ops but, as they haven't posted in ages, I guess they were mended and so don't need us any more. I always view surgery as a positive thing, it is designed to help and it usually does. I wish you well and we will support you as best we can, OK? You have found an empathetic and sympathetic audience on here. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • pumpkinpumpkin Posts: 13
    Thankyou Caliban, Purpleowl, Dreamdaisey for the warm welcome, have been lurking for a while,just needed to pluck up the courage to post. :D