Hello

pumpkin
pumpkin Member Posts: 13
edited 26. Oct 2013, 18:10 in Say Hello Archive
Hi all, my name is Karen I'm 52 years old and have osteoarthritis in knees,hands, toes, spine, shoulders. I am due to have shoulder decompression surgery and clavicle resection on the 27th nov.so a little worried at the moment!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Good morning Karen and welcome!
    Sorry, unfortunately I can't take your worries away :( . But distraction could do the trick. At least a little bit, I guess. Well- it does for me. Sometimes. Just try it out! :)
    Have a nice day!
  • purpleowl
    purpleowl Member Posts: 231
    Hi Karen,

welcome to the forum, I have had no surgeries so cannot advise you but I am sure there will be some-one along soon who can. I have OA in my spine and Psoriasis.

I am a fairly new member but have found other members very caring and full of good advice. We also like to have a laugh at ourselves. :D

I wish you well with your up coming surgery,

take care,

Trish xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, I like the seasonal name. :wink: I am afraid I cannot help at all, I am so far shoulder-trouble-free and greatly appreciate that. I know of some who have had shoulder troubles and ops but, as they haven't posted in ages, I guess they were mended and so don't need us any more. I always view surgery as a positive thing, it is designed to help and it usually does. I wish you well and we will support you as best we can, OK? You have found an empathetic and sympathetic audience on here. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • pumpkin
    pumpkin Member Posts: 13
    Thankyou Caliban, Purpleowl, Dreamdaisey for the warm welcome, have been lurking for a while,just needed to pluck up the courage to post. :D