For people on DLA

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
edited 28. Oct 2013, 06:23 in Living with Arthritis archive
The BBC website has an article on the delaying of the transfer to PIP. At the bottom of the article it invites people who currently receive DLA to give their views on the changes. So all those currently on DLA who feel strongly about it can have a say at http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24680366
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Thank you, Sticky, I will have a look later on. I currently receive high-rate mobility DLA, it was a lifetime award but I suspect the goalposts on that will be moved (if they haven't been already). DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I can't take it seriously after the shambles that happened with me! I'm still waiting for the Dr to call me back after her initial a fortnight ago. If they start the changing in the East Midlands & West Midlands from Monday I should be expecting another call very soon! :?
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Well, bubbadog, if you currently get DLA, now's your chance to have your say.
    Steven Wright
  • mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    Options
    hi stickywicket
    Yes lots of changes going on with dla & pip
    lots of people will be afected.
    im fairly new to all this so its a first time for me and ill keep you posted
    how i get on with pip. :o mike26..
  • Sezeelson
    Sezeelson Member Posts: 133
    Options
    I'm dreading this :( I'm down south so not changing over yet thankfully!

I'm on low mobility and low care... Both of which wouldn't allow me anything under the new pip. I know I deserve it but it's just so difficult explaining arthritis and it's doesn't help that I'm so anxious around strangers I just end up agreeing to everything they say... :|
  • As5567
    As5567 Member Posts: 665
    Options
    I will be receiving a form in the coming months, it will be interesting to see what the outcome of my claim will be. Currently get higher rate notability and middle care. My claim was successful based on the fact that my condition is "variable" and they accept that I can have periods where my condition is better than usual and periods where its worse. Hopefully they will look at claims for Arthritis like this again...if not then I don't know what the outcome will be.

For example with the walking part, at worst I can't even get out of bed let alone stand or walk. At best I can get out of bed eventually and walk with discomfort.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    At times I need up to 4 hours to get out of bed, dressed etc.will say I start my day at 3 am. At around 8 I'm able to work a bit. I suppose I could be considered fit.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    The Government's view seems to be that if you are able to breathe you are fit to work. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    Liberalism? A fit country for the fit? Jungleland
  • Sezeelson
    Sezeelson Member Posts: 133
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    The Government's view seems to be that if you are able to breathe you are fit to work. DD

This...

It's points based again like ESA and we all know how impossible that is. When I appealed the decision of being fit for work, I was in the court (tribunal? Can't even remember what's it called now) for literally 6 minutes and the doctors only asked me 4 questions and realised just how badly I am effected.

I don't mind appealing decisions but as I suffer from mental health I'm literally no good to anyone for the whole time it takes to get to court and over with. It's so not fair.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Thanks for the info Sticky, as I got DLA for life according to what I read before I wont be assessed until 2015 which is good for me and not so good for some xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I don't see any point in complaining on here.

There might be a point to complaining to the BBC so why not do it?
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Well, bubbadog, if you currently get DLA, now's your chance to have your say.

I got my DLA for life so I assume I'm not getting changed over till 2015 so I assume the Dr who called is for the ESA but I'm not sure what it's for I' so confused!! :roll: