Craig Revel Horwood . . . .

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 28. Oct 2013, 17:34 in Living with Arthritis archive
. . . . . has a new hip (one was replaced last Sunday) but is back, tonight, on the Beeb. :shock:

I am bewlidered. It's a big op (a truly serious op) yet there he is, being Big Bad Craig, as though nothing has happened. Way to go. How not to help, yes? Je suis cross (albeit maybe wrongly because, for some, just mending one joint can help, if they let it). Perhaps I am envious? Yup, I reckon that's it. :wink: DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• purpleowl
    purpleowl Member Posts: 231
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi DD,

who is this super human Craig? :o

Trish xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I'm not so much bewildered but I do admire him for it. As the proud recipient of two THRs (not simultaneous) I wouldn't like to sit without the operated leg elevated for so long, so soon after the op.

I guess he'll have gone privately and so, presumably, been able to get it done long before (in terms of detereioration) anyone on the NHS. Even so, he' s a good advert for keeping the muscles in good nick beforehand.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    yes he said he felt great
    after the opp, but isnt he very young to have this opp
    all the dancing and jumping hasent done him much good has it.
    well his hips i meen :?
    mike26 :roll:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Strewth, I am a twerp; do you know I hadn't even considered the prospect of him going private? :roll: How the other half live, yes? :?

Now it makes sense and I think you are right on the money there, Sticky, and you too, Mike. In some respects it's self-inflicted damage - I daresay he will have to tone his routines down a tad now. I don't feel any sympathy, norty me. :oops: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    I never heard about this man, since I'm just a hillbilly. But I googled him. Seems to have a young boyfriend. I imagine that spurs him on. Nhs should think the possible therapies over. Could be cheaper.
  • mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    yes having said hes a bit young for a hip replacement,
    maybe hes been unlucky in that others have(dancers i meen)
    not had any troble with there hips.
    I supose its all down to how our bones are made up..(some last longer than others) some are just worn out by hard work all our life..
    mike26 :( :roll:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Maybe he had the new keyhole surgery ..but even so he must have still been taking his pain meds..wonder if they raise his seat... :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    I'm sure he had his operation privately because (I read) he requested having it replaced at 6 am last Sunday, so he'd have as long a recovery time as possible before last night's show. I bet he's seriously dosed up on painkillers!
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Don't know if any of you saw that programme a few weeks ago - think it was called 'Fabulous Fashionistas' - about older - OK elderly - women's approach to fashion, lifestyle etc. There was a dancer on there demonstrating her usual morning warm-up routine who had had hip replacement, and I'm certain that her exercises weren't what the surgeon recommended - but dancing was her life and work so 8 decades and spare parts weren't going to stop her! I imagine she probably wasn't NHS, unless the surgeon didn't know what her post-op life was likely to be!
  • newbygran
    newbygran Member Posts: 96
    I saw that programme of the older women staying young and still working in their 70s and 80s; the dancer was older than her husband and l was amazed to see her rotate her legs in the air as she had 2 replacement hips it gave me hope, to be pain free and walk better, I used to be able to wrap my legs around my head, my joints were that loose, that was a few years ago now, l wish Graig well l think he's great.........