More bad news!

bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 2. Nov 2013, 21:59 in Living with Arthritis archive
The letter that I thought was about my meds turned out to not to do with that! The Dr said the blood test I did the other week had warning markers on my kidneys so I need to get another blood test done ASAP to find out what the problem is. I'm really annoyed that my Rhummy Nurse didn't mention anything about it when I saw her last week! Even the Dr said that.
So got booked in for Tuesday to go to the Vampires to get the blood test done and I get my results the next day!!

And to top off that news :( , The DLA Dr called and has booked a day (16th November) @ between 13.00-15.00 to come and see 'how I'm doing!!' I'm still confused on that one!!

Comments

• maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi,Bubbadog
    My daughters in a similar situation she's now on weekly bloods as her neutrophils are low her liver function test is high her HB is dropping! No wonder with all the blood the vamps are taking and it's not Halloween yet!
    Seriously though it us a stressful time as you take medication to control your condition and they in turn play havoc with your bloods Grrr
    As for DWP even they don't know what they are doing
    As I keep saying they could not organise XXXX up in a brewery
    Hope you feel better soon
    Maria
  • purpleowl
    purpleowl Member Posts: 231
    Hi bubbadog,

sending you some positive vibes, thinking about you.

Trish xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    It's not quite bad news, is it? Re. the blood test it could be that the rheumatology nurse did not have the result on her screen so couldn't tell you what she didn't know. It seems sensible to have another test done to check matters (that's what's happening with me too) - I remember being rather peeved when I had to go for an emergency blood test when I was on holiday and wanting to leave it all behind for a week, no such luck! Mind you, that's when I first heard the term 'deranged liver' which still makes me smile.

Regarding the visit, well, at least he is coming to you so that is a relief, no? Admin muddles do happen, 'tis the nature of the beast. Make sure you're in that day at that time and not singing raucous songs down your local. :wink: Please let us know how it goes, both the bloods and the visit. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Fingers crossed for you bubba, hope it's just a blip and you can continue on. xxx
    Toots x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Any irregularity is always a concern but I hope it's just a blip and the second test is simply to check that out.

I'm lucky in that all our phlebotomists are lovely. I suggest you don't call yours vampires to their faces, not before they shove the needle in anyway :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Lets hope it's just a 'blip' Bubba, when I was in last week to get my treatment they wouldn't start my infusion until my blood results came back from the lab as the last time there was a 'problem' they all came back fine.

Good luck with your appointment with the DLA Doc, it will be more money needlessly wasted..............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Best wishes Bubba, fingers crossed that all will be well.
    Anna.xx
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    I, too, hope things turn out to be ok. I find all these test results a bit of a roller-coaster at times. There's big panic and then 'well, things have settled,' etc. I've a few like that this year myself and am getting much more sanguine about it all (well, at the moment, anyway!) Best of luck with new tests.
  • bubbadog
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    It's not quite bad news, is it? Re. the blood test it could be that the rheumatology nurse did not have the result on her screen so couldn't tell you what she didn't know. It seems sensible to have another test done to check matters (that's what's happening with me too) - I remember being rather peeved when I had to go for an emergency blood test when I was on holiday and wanting to leave it all behind for a week, no such luck! Mind you, that's when I first heard the term 'deranged liver' which still makes me smile.

Regarding the visit, well, at least he is coming to you so that is a relief, no? Admin muddles do happen, 'tis the nature of the beast. Make sure you're in that day at that time and not singing raucous songs down your local. :wink: Please let us know how it goes, both the bloods and the visit. DD

I class it as bad news because I'm not easy to get blood out of and it takes a lot of proding and poking and it's generally not nice, I've never had a problem with my kidneys so that's a worry. I do hope it's just a blip!
    As you know I've been stressing over the Dla, so now knowing so Dr is coming to 'check me out' is stressing me beyond compare! I wouldn't mind but he doesn't know my back story and what I've been through, so how can he make a decision on me as to whether I deserve the benefit or not! :(
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Oh bubba, this is just what you don't need, more stress!
    Keep on keeping on, it's all you can do, you will get through this. At least the doctor coming out to you should be less stressful than you having to travel there. I hope so.
    Good luck with the results and with the doctor's visit. I'll be squeezing your hand to help Pump the blood out for your test. :?
    Numpty
  • maria09
    Hi Bubba
    As I've mentioned my daughters on weekly bloods and is also difficult to bleed
    Make sure you have eaten and drink plenty before your blood tests as if you are slightly dehydrated your veins decide to go into hiding!
    It seemed to work this morning for my daughter so give it a try
    As for your assessment it does cause a great deal of stress which does make your condition worse. Have you asked for this assessment to be recorded? As you need prof of what is said and they can't lie about your assessment as we know they can do
    Best wishes
    Maria
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi bubba
    I have had a raised kidney reading so ..yes its worrying...well I did and still do...especially has they didnt tell me I found out by accident...I hope the DLA is resolved soon for you that is stressful..and good luck with the bloods..my OH is terrified of needles...I do wish you well ...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Hopefully the blood test is just a blip, they often change.

Make notes of what you want the DLA doc to know so you won't forget.
  • maria09
    Hi
    Hope you are okay
    I have to change my saying due to the sensitive nature of the moderators so the DWP couldn't organise a drunken party in a brewery
    I hope your assessment goes well
    I've decided not to post for awhile but will pop in now and again to see how you are getting on
    Maria
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Oh Bubba

That must be a bit worrying if you got a letter and you thought it was telling you everything was normal and then you get this kidney warning now....I don't know how soon you see someone but hope this can be treated soon for you...
    Oh heck you don't need DLA aka Big Brother checking on you cos that's what it feels like isn't it? Basically its just more stress you don't need..

Hugs...

Elainex
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello bubba hope you are doing okish and not to worried..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    I became sick on Wednesday night, was sick so much it's hurt my ribs and now everytime I breath it hurts!! I've been feeling rubbish since before Wednesday as you all know but now since being very sick it's made me feel totally wiped out. Even now Saturday I still feel totally drained and ribs still hurt. What more can happen? :(
  • purpleowl
    purpleowl Member Posts: 231
    So sorry you are feeling rubbish!!!! Nothing worse than being sick, sending you some good vibes,

Take care,

Trish xx
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    bubbadog wrote:
    Even now Saturday I still feel totally drained and ribs still hurt. What more can happen?

Fingers crossed, nothing more will happen. Feel better soon.
    xxAnna