How will we all afford it ?

Options
alexholmes
alexholmes Member Posts: 4
edited 31. Oct 2013, 20:10 in Living with Arthritis archive
As newly diagnosed i am having a bad time with accepting, but i am very worried of how we will all be able to afford to keep warm this winter al the price hikes .... I cant work so we only have my husbands wages to live on it is adding to my stress :cry: Alex (under the duvet as i type)

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Alex
    This is such a worry, I have my hubbys wage but he should be retied by now, there is no chance of that in the near future..the government should do something about these price hikes...not just the elec and gas but also the water..Barbara who has just got herself a onesie...god forbid if anyone comes to the door :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Hi Alex,

Are you receiving benefits? It might be working checking online or visiting your local CAB to ensure you're getting everything you're entitled to.

I wish I had more advice to offer, it's makes me very sad and angry that in a first world country, we have ANY person worrying about keeping warm in Winter, let alone a disabled person. :(
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Hi,

If you have a child 5yrs & under or possibly claim working tax credits, ring ure electricity supplier & ask if ure entitled to claim the Warm Home Discount Scheme in their Border Group.

It's a one off payment, for me its paid in April after I need it :roll:, but it's better than nothing, its around £135.00 & can only be used to pay ure bill.

Good luck.xxx
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x