feeling down

Options
celebrationb
celebrationb Member Posts: 134
edited 31. Oct 2013, 17:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi I am just feeling down as we were working on tuesday night supplying our product to a Holloween Fun night and we decided to drive back and pick up my kids and take them to it. We had walked about a lot when working then i walked around again to see the fun. But by the end of the night I was in so much discomfort it was painfull. My hubby had to get the car to pick me up.
Also last monday night when i was walking and stretching at my club I felt not well and as i was walking off for a drink i fainted. Luckly the guy beside my i grabbed and he gently put me to the ground. I came around and had my legs in the air to get the blood back to my brain. We have first aider there and am one of them. Has anyone fainted with the discomforted, the doc said i just fainted not to worry.
this has got me feeling down but i said it wouldnt but it is. Cant see to family at the moment.

Comments

• Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi celebrationb;

I have a fainting problem too. It's very disconcerting but I've become used to anticipating it happening. I'm not sure if it's pain related or not, or due to the effect of autoimmune disease in general (I have PsA); I haven't had a good medical explanation yet. Mine is worse when I get tired.

If it starts to happen regularly make sure you note what you think has brought it on and let your doctor know. In the meantime, make sure you take care to sit/lie down if you start feeling lightheaded, take frequent rests where you put your feet up, and avoid getting over-tired. Not sure if it will help, but these things help me anyway.

Good luck, feel better soon.
    Anna
  • celebrationb
    Options
    Thank you . I felt discomfort in my bad leg and getting buckling lots.. my left leg with fermol trapped nerve and arthritis my leg was bad.and felt ill. .. its getting to me now
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I have fainted but not due to arthritis. I feel for you, celebrationb, you seem to be really struggling with this malarkey. I am a good few years ahead of you, I have both kinds plus other stuff but have learned to stop worrying. It will do what it will do because I have no say.

There is no doubt that adjusting to living with arthritis is hard, the more so if you come from a healthy background. I was lucky in that I've never been truly healthy so it's just more of the same. It is harder for you, I realise that. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I dont tend to faint apart from when they got me out of bed after my THR..very strange...maybe its your body saying slow sown a little, I hope its a one off and you can back to doing what you do..take care x
    Love
    Barbara
  • celebrationb
    Options
    Thank you all . Glad to have someone to chat to if you know what I mean... I can very busy with work . I don't think my hubby understands he can say not nice comments ... My daughter and son is very good with me. But can't tell them how I feel.
    One of the things I wrote. I meant can say much to them