RA And Events.

sunnysea
sunnysea Member Posts: 4
edited 3. Nov 2013, 06:10 in Say Hello Archive
:) Hello,
My name is Janet and i Have had RA for 14 years and have had to have operations on my spine and wrists and hand to re-place the joints.I have had to give up work but i like to keep busy on my good days and i was lucky to find the right drug to help me. I am so happy to find a forum that i can talk to other people with the same illness.I have tried to find the confidence to go swimming but i cannot find a group in my area that do this or events.
Hope to hear from someone.
Janet.

Comments

• purpleowl
    purpleowl Member Posts: 231
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Janet,
    I'm sorry that you have had no replies to your post. I think you would be better posting on the Living with Arthritis page as more people look at that one. This site is not hugely busy at the weekend but I am sure someone will acknowledge you.

I thought I had OA but have been mis-diagnosed it seems :lol:

There are many on here with RA and various other problems who will be more than willing to share thoughts etc. They are a lovely bunch, very caring and we have a good laugh at life.

Have a lovely weekend,

Take care,

Trish xx
  • sunnysea
    sunnysea wrote:
    :) Hello,
    My name is Janet and i Have had RA for 14 years and have had to have operations on my spine and wrists and hand to re-place the joints.I have had to give up work but i like to keep busy on my good days and i was lucky to find the right drug to help me. I am so happy to find a forum that i can talk to other people with the same illness.I have tried to find the confidence to go swimming but i cannot find a group in my area that do this or events.Do any of you guys live in hampshre.
    Hope to hear from someone.
    Janet.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello from me too, Janet. I also have RA which is currently well-controlled by methotrexate and hydroxychloroquine. I do hope you find us helpful and friendly. Living With Arthritis is where we talk about all matters arthritic and Chit Chat for strictly non-arthritic stuff. Please post wherever you wish or start up a new thread of your own. I'll look forward to seeing you around.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • sunnysea
    :) Hi Nice to hear from you !! i am on methotrexate and embral they are working well together the only thing i have a problem with is if i forget to take it or not feeling well i take it the next day.But the nurse said take the methotrexate the same day.What about you do you have the same problem.
    Regards Janet.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I never forget to take it. I leave it out the night before. If I have a cold or infection I do deliberately miss it though to give my immune system a fighting chance. Sorry, I have to rush now. Husband waiting :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright