Dear little horrors!

Options
numptynora
numptynora Member Posts: 782
edited 4. Nov 2013, 12:15 in Community Chit-chat archive
How did you all get on with Halloween last night? I hope you weren't tormented.

I stuck a poster in the window, (I don't think the kids can reed :x ) The last lot that kept ringing the bell AND knocking the door gave it one more go and then ran off!! .........the little toads!
Numps x
Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    No problem here Numps in the depths of the French Countryside ;)

Hope you weren't disturbed too much.

I have a sign for sales-people in my window, but they can't read either :roll:

love

Toni xxx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    My notice didn't work either but then again I didn't think it would. Mig.
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    It had to be a first ,this year they were a pretty good bunch ,Some very small witches accompanied by Mum and Dad ... maybe thats the best way only allowed acompanied by an adult ,did run out of sweets by 8/30 ,luckily it was all over by then not looking forward to the fireworks tonight :(:( ........and all weekend and into next week grr Marrianne
  • numptynora
    Options
    I'm with you there marrianne re the fireworks, I really hate them I remember when we were kids, my brother (sadly gone now) had a jumping jack put down the back of his jumper since then I've been really nervous of them. The cats hate them too :x
    Numps x
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    We had no visitors but then we're the scary, dark house on the hill 8) What we did have was hours of fireworks and torment for the animals; I hate those things! They're supposed to be in hands of adults but I've seen young ones firing them up the driveway..... :o
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I have a bag full of sweets here and not one kid or adult came knocking ..very surprised... :? so there goers my diet :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • numptynora
    Options
    The wind is howling outside at the mo' and the fireworks are spasmodic , I'll be glad when it's bedtime.
    Numps x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    We've only ever got neighbours' kids with Mum and/or Dad. I look back fondly on the day's when we had no Trick or Treat, just Mischief night followed by Bonfire Night. I hate Bonfire Week but, once it's gone, it'll be Christmas 2 Months.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    We had heavy rain on Thursday which may have kept the kids away as we didn't have one little darling knock our door! Or maybe the poster worked!! I'll never know!!
    We've had fireworks going off all weekend and neither Arnie or Willow flinched! They where fine and both of them where in and out their catflap every night!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    I trap Daisycat in as soon as it's dark around this time of year. She is reasonably 'cool' about fireworks, but I remember reading once about someone torturing a cat with a fireworks :(

I have to say I agree about the 'trick or treaters' - should be with parents for definite - safer all round :)

love

Toni xxx
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    My sister in Scotland was very taken with the custom up there of 'guising', where the children dressed up and then went round the village showing off their costumes and receiving handfuls of sweeties and often money as well - no trick or treat. Her children thought it was wonderful as they weren't allowed sweets as a general rule, but had to accept these to avoid giving offence!