It's done and I am done in.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 5. Nov 2013, 16:26 in Community Chit-chat archive
So, a little after 13.30pm today I shut the front door at no. 57 for the last time. My hand shook on opening the door, locking it needed both.

There was no trace of Ma, Pa or me (the latter is hardly surprising because I have not lived there for some time) but I think it felt like a house-in-waiting. Ma and Pa bought it in May 1961 and moved in the following October but the house has 'forgotten' them. The neighbours on one side have erected a new fence leaving 57 open to intruders (because they have knocked down the fence that separated 57 from theirs, including the part that came round to the front of 'my' property) but I cannot face dealing with that. I am too far away.

My husband thinks we will be moving within the next three-to-four weeks. Gulp. Once we have moved we will then put our current abode on the market, which does relieve some pressure, but even so . . . . . . it's not long, eh? :?

I am a tired and distressed Daisy. T&DD.
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Been thinking of you both ,it's done and dusted now and life as you know will move on .Am sending hugs to both (((()))) Mig
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    That's a lot of change in a short span of time.....Take care(((())).
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Options
    When my siblings and I went through this, I found my living further away made it slightly easier to deal with. I wasn't tempted to drive past occasionally to have a look. However, I do occasionally go onto Google Earth.

You will always have your memories and I do so hope that your move and next sale go smoothly and as stress-free as possible. I also hope you are feeling rather better than you have been.

Susie
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    It must feel so strange...like I said my parents rented there house and that was hard enough..but when you have to see it....hopefully your new house will help take your mind off things..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Daisy, Now it's all over you can take a deep breath and start a new chapter in your life. I'll admit it took a couple of months to stop thinking about the house (my late Mom & Dad in-laws house). My OH does drive round to see it now and again, it was his house too from a young age to 1998! And it's literally round the corner!! It will always be there in your memories. Hope your move goes smoothly, take care.
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,930
    Options
    Hello DD
    I wish you and Mr DD a stress free move into your new home and lots of happy times a head.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Thank you, everyone, for your kind words, they are much appreciated. We might be moving before the end of the month. :shock: I cannot wait to leave here but dread the packing etc that must start happening soon. :lol: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    I think it's the Franciscans who hold that anything you haven't used in 6 months doesn't rightly belong to you.

It doesn't work for everything (It's over 6 months since I used my passport but I shall hang on to it :wink: ) and fluctuating abilities and disabilities cloud the issue but, when moving house, it's a good baseline.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options
    It doesn't work for everything (It's over 6 months since I used my passport but I shall hang on to it :wink: )

Absolutely Stickywicket - under no circumstances do you want a repeat of your last passport application :shock:

Well done DD I am proud of you. You are doing very very well. Soon be done and the 'New family' will fill it with noise again :)

Love and ((()))

Toni xxx
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    Oh DD no wonder your tired but a least its all coming together for you i'm so glad that's good news :D:D
    Stay positive always👍xx