PIP Appt.

julian31
julian31 Member Posts: 16
edited 30. Apr 2014, 08:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
So finally I got my PIP appointment last week in Inverness. Have to say it wasn't that bad. The girl was a qualified nurse albeit very young. We were chatting, and she even made us a cup of tea as were too early. She asked me questions about what I could and couldn't do during a normal day. She asked me to do some physical things like raise my arms etc. The only thing I couldn't do was stand on my tiptoes. She was typing my answers throughout so we could see what she was submitting (except towards the end when she said she'd finish it off after we'd left, (she did say we could get a copy)
She advised us to get a referral to the OT for bathroom rails. I'll probably not qualify for any assistance as I know there are folk much worse than me, and I'm still managing a job. The girl said she worked for a sub-contractor, and they were fearing for their jobs last week when there was confusion over the trial areas in the UK. Overall not a bad experience. I have my Blue Badge appointment tomorrow.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,764
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Julian. I'm glad it seemed to go OK. Good luck with the result and also with the BB assessment tomorrow.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Good luck Julian here's hoping for good results, let us know how you get on.............Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    yes julian31

hope you get some good news about pip,
    i to am applying for pip.
    good luck with your blue badge hope it goes well for you.
    mike26 :roll:
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Hope you get the results quickly and they are good news for you. Hope you get good news on the BB.
  • julian31
    So no hope of getting a blue badge as I can walk more than 50m but the badge woman turned out to be the same person for OT and she made me an appointment for getting stuff to help round the house and for a '6 week fatigue course' :roll:
  • stickywicket
    Sorry about the BB, julian, but I'm sure the OT appt will be useful. They are very helpful people.
    Steven Wright
  • julian31
    So it finally came back after appeal that I qualify for the daily living bit but not the mobility bit. Can't complain. The OT and the Disability team at Moray Council have been amazing. They are organising a wet room to be fitted in the house for 20% of the cost.
    On another note my Methotrexate was upped to 25 and I tried to switch to 2 days forward but I felt too ill. Doc says he's going to take me off it altogether and try something else now.
  • stickywicket
    Good news about the PIP julian. I hope the wet room helps. There's a thread near the top of the page in which people are being asked for their PIP experiences. You might be interested in it.
    Steven Wright
  • Kittkat
    Kittkat Member Posts: 309
    Good news and good luck with new meds!
    How am I gonna be an optimist about this?