India's mission to Mars

rondetto
rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
edited 7. Nov 2013, 05:41 in Community Chit-chat archive
Goodness gracious me!!!

Yes, the Indians have sent a rocket on a mission to Mars. What surprises me though is that the UK are still giving them billions in aide which is only to be scaled down by 2015.
Indians have squirrelled away more money in Swiss bank accounts (a total of £900 billion since independence from Britain in 1947)

We could really do with that ourselves right now, maybe in 2015 India should be sending us aid eh?

Comments

• mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    yes i agree rondetto
    its shocking to think there is so many people living in rubbish dumps
    and scratching round for food.
    and goverments just fritter away loads of money ,it is truly shocking
    that they cant look arter there people first.
    and this country needs to look at this aid money and start at home first.
    mike26 :cry::cry:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Ron we were discussing this yesterday..its incredible how they can get away with squandering money ..money that we have donated to feed the poor people..you are spot on when you say will they be donating to this country....when will this government wake up to what is going on with our money.. :x
    Love
    Barbara
  • rondetto
    You are so right Babs, I was watching tv last night when they discussed that £1million pay off to the BBC executive. That's our licence money they are giving away. It really makes my blood boil.
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    It makes your blood boil Ron? I'm seething! This government doesn't seem to have a clue how the people of this country feel and the hardships we are going through. Even if they were made to live a week in the same circumstances it would make no difference to them because they would know that at the end of a week they will go back to living in comfort, I honestly don't understand how they justify all this money being donated. One 'excuse' I heard some while ago was that it 'will ensure a country's willingness to trade with us' Absolute tosh IMO, it just means they rub their hands all the way to the bank

Aid should start at home!!
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • rondetto
    So true Numps.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    rondetto wrote:
    You are so right Babs, I was watching tv last night when they discussed that £1million pay off to the BBC executive. That's our license money they are giving away. It really makes my blood boil.
    The license is just extortionate...think they should give us the choice whether to watch BBC or not..put a block on or something.... :roll: back to India...if it was down to me I would send planes with medicine food and whatever they need...but not cash... :x
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    They don't tax their wealthy members of society very much either. if they did they could help pay for better living conditions for the poor. But they don't need to all the time the UK fills the gap.
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • rondetto
    Good point Babs, I pay for Sky+ and get all their channels. I don't know whether Sky pay the BBC and ITV for the use of their channels, but it's like we're paying twice for using them.
    Still, I think these huge pay offs are beyond me and they should pay back what is our licence money.
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    So agree with you all

Kate xx
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    I thought Sky was BSKYB or at least they own something to do with SKY?
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.