JSA Sanctions - Esther Mc Vey (Ignoramus)

Options
elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 14. Nov 2013, 08:03 in Community Chit-chat archive
So on the news it says about 400,00 people have lost their jobseekers allowance becuase of sanctions put in place buy the government. Now these sanctions as I am new to this are unbelievable, spend 2 hours a days on your job search, log onto sites such as monster, reed, and universal jobmatch everyday, plus you have to write down everything you do to complete 25 actions a week to prove you are looking for work....
Now then Ms McVey comes on with the statement "jobseeker, the clue is in the name, you have to do just that and anyone who does not recieves sanctions"...Sanctions means you first of all lose JSA for 13 weeks, 2nd offence means loss for 26 wks, and final warning no JSA for 3 years...
I am someone who is 45, had a knee replacement, not worked for 3 years, been kicked out of ESA, declared fit but not fit enough to stand and do a retail job...Who is going to employ me when faced with a fit 25 year old graduate? And secondly I have been asking for help revamping my CV in total 3 times, only signed up for JSA 2.5 weeks ago, no word but in one day I get 3 brown envelopes from same address in Edinburgh!
Ms McVey, I doubt if you have ever worked, as none o this government has been out of anything but private schools/uni and secondly you go undercover, see how "helpful" the advisors are???? Get in the real world, not your over inflated promoted job as one of cameron's puppets!!
Makes my blood boil!

Elainexx

Comments

• numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    HEAR HEAR Ron, although I'm 64 I'm expecting my life to come crashing around my ears sometime soon. I know who I will be voting for......
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Options
    :oops: oops sorry Elaine I don't know how Ron slipped into my post :oops:

It must be because you have the same logo!!
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Sanctions are frightening. I've even heard of people being sanctioned for missing appointments when they attend job interviews, some for being in hospital and not job seeking enough and for not altering a few lines on a CV.

vulnerable people are being left without money and have no idea how to claim help or appeal as it is quite a minefield.

Absolutely shocking way to treat people.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Elaine like you say they dont know what work is...a little bit of understanding would go a long way..but they have this agenda...and we all know what this is.
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    I dislike Esther McVey but I find plenty to dislike about her without resorting to abuse and untruths. She went to a state funded school and worked both in her parent's business and in the media. She also set up a business which offers office space to start-up businesses. I still don't like her but I do believe in checking my facts before spreading suppositions.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Elizabeth

The way they are going on they should apply to the jobcentre staff, or they should live in our shoe...It is totally drastic without any thought...

Elainexx
  • elainebadknee
    Options

I would hardly call somebody who gets a job with mummy and daddy someone who really knows what it is like to be in this situation...And media is hardly well qualified either, just look at the NOTW....I don't agree with you at all.....I don't know if you heard her speaking on the radio yesterday but she was not talking wih respect to us jobsseekers who are working hard to find work. Also I did not abuse her, I stated on what I have seen and read about her, she is not more qualified for this position than Maria Miller was who was in disability....

Elaine
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Barbara

The government are putting in place changes that should have taken palces decades ago. However these changes have to be thought about and don properly not just one fail swoop to get everyone who they deem as fiddlers or work shy people. That's tarnsihing everyone with the same brush and that's simply not right. Plus what do people do who have come of ESA still don't feel fit but are put in this situation because they feel pigeon holed? They end up taking jobs they are not fit to do, probably end up injuring themselves further and as long as we are off the government's figures/targets it seems to be fine....
    Its a sad world we live in now, we are no longer indviduals, the tick box world has taken over.

Elainexx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Ms McVey, I doubt if you have ever worked, as none o this government has been out of anything but private schools/unix

This was the part of your post that I took issue with, Elaine, not the rest. She didn't go to a private school and she has worked.

I'm sorry,I don't know what NOTW stands for.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    I dont have a problem anyone expressing any views, we are all different and we don' all agree for whatever reasons....I have my personal ones you have yours, nuff said....NOTW as we were talking media high profile court case now defunct paper...

Elaine
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Yet again this woman was on the north west news as she is MP from there and being asked about the economy on the up and being challenged that it is only down south the figures are taken from...She did little but babble a lot of nonsense, annoying the interviewer and nothing she said made any sense...I am still convinced this woman is not qualified for the job in hand....

Elainexx