Hi Everyone

Options
nigel
nigel Member Posts: 4
edited 10. Nov 2013, 04:44 in Say Hello Archive
My name is Nigel,i have Ankylosing Spondylitis.I take sulfasalazine/naproxen & other things.I'm hoping to chat with others who have the same as me & how thay manage with AS.

Comments

• Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi and welcome Nigel;

I have PsA and spondylitis (my spine is affected as well as peripheral joints). I am HLA B27 positive and am now waiting to find out if I need to worry about the ankylosing part too. It's very painful!

I've just started Sulfasalazine in this last 3 weeks, having responded only in a limited way to methotrexate & hydroxychloroquine in the past 10 months.

This waiting and trying different drugs to see what is effective is a very trying time. So far I'm not so impressed with Sulfasalazine; the side-effects are not pleasant at all.

Hopefully, others will be along soon to welcome you and give their experiences with AS.

Best wishes, Anna
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hi Nigel

Welcome to the forums, it is OA I have so can only offer my sympathy. If you repost this on living with arthritis you will get a better response as a lot of people don't look on here, nice to meet you hope to see you around..........Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Catie
    Catie Member Posts: 362
    Options
    Hi Nigel,

Welcome to the forums. I suffer from OA , so like Marie, can only offer my sympathy. Hope someone comes along soon with some advice for you.

Catie
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Hi Nigel

Lovely to meet you and welcome you to our forums.

There are lots on here who have AS and lots who have other inflammatory arthritises (sp) so plenty who can understand how things are.

Please do come along and join us on any of the forums you will be made very welcome

Love

Toni xx