Update on me re clinical trials and Anti TNFs

Options
merri
merri Member Posts: 190
edited 11. Nov 2013, 16:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
An update on me - I have been found to have sero negative RA, which ruled me out of the study as SN RA doesn't respond well to rituximab. I've been referred to the Biologics Dept and saw them last week.

ESR still in 50s, CRP still in high 40s, all 28 joints swollen and hot in the disease activity score and by the looks of it I will be starting with the anti TNF called Cimzia as soon as the funding is organised. I was offered the choice between Enbrel, Humira, Simponi and Cimzia but chose Cimzia as there is a loading dose so double the dosage for the first 3 injections and if there is no change within 3 months, they will change the meds.

Unfortunately I'm off work at the moment (again) due to my joints. They're more swollen than ever and I can't bear to have anything touching them. They're incredibly painful above my usual pain, and I'm getting very frustrated as I want to get back to work.

Comments

• Kittkat
    Kittkat Member Posts: 309
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are off work and feeling frustrated Merri!I know the feeling! Hope the funding comes through quick and you get sorted asap!
    How am I gonna be an optimist about this?
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, I have a sero-negative arthritis too (psoriatic) and am currently taking humira combined with injected meth. I wish you well with the Cimzia, I hope you are able to tolerate it and that it soon gets to work because your RA needs to be brought under control and soon; are you taking anything else too? I am afraid I cannot remember. :oops: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Merri
    I am so sorry you are suffering like this,I do hope you find something that brings you some relief very soon good luck with Cimzia xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • merri
    merri Member Posts: 190
    Options
    Thanks guys.

I'm also on Methotrexate and Hydrochloxoroquine.