MRI Update!

Options
mellivenelli
mellivenelli Member Posts: 38
edited 11. Nov 2013, 13:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello again.

Just to let you know that after my post last week with regards to my problems after the total hip replacement I had 6 weeks ago I saw my physio and he read out the results of my MRI scan (still waiting to see consultant on 19th).

My pelvis is still skew whiff but as well as that I also have two prolaped discs in my spine at L1-2 and L2-3 which I didnt have before the surgery so am just presuming that the wierd and wonderful positions I was put in for my op have resulted in this. The physio did say it was very unusual to have prolapsed discs in the lumbar area and it was rare?

I also saw my GP on friday and i was diagnosed with a grade 1 cystocele and have been referred to gynae (have had difficulty urinating since surgery).

I feel quite upset about it because I told them I was having trouble weeing when I was in hospital immediately afterwards and was ignored and sent home.

Not sure where this leaves me now.

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Mell...I am not sure what has gone wrong here, have you seen the surgeon that did the op has he explained anything....I hope now they have the results something can be done then you can get on with your life...wish I could offer more help but you know were we are...(((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • mellivenelli
    Options
    Thanks Barbara

I'm not seeing him til next tuesday which seems like ages away.

Trying to do some research in the meantime.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I can feel your uncertainty, I am so sorry that this has happened to you, that what should have been beneficial surgery appears to have caused new troubles. No wonder you wish to research matters but please stick to reputable sites, there is so much false and inaccurate information floating around in cyber-space so be careful. Please keep us updated with news as and when you have it - I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mellivenelli
    Options
    thanks DD

I will keep you posted on what happens next.

Don't worry I know where to look for reputable research 8)

xx